"The Old Coal Mine (Madrid - New Mexico)" New Mexico Travelogue by Martinewezel
New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,201 reviews and 10,299 photos
If you happen to be driving through Madrid, N.M., don't miss the Engine House Theatre!
The performances are given in a funky old steam-engine repair building.
The Theater's stage and balcony were constructed from recycled relics and salvaged railroad track.
Too bad we had not enough time to spend in Madrid, or we would certainly have attend to the show.
Do You know the shuffle place of Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris?
The fake Mine and dito barn where people have to queue for the attraction?
Well, this is the "real thing". Same reliques as in Disneyland, but at their original place.
This can't be the original mine shaft!
Old mining equipment, tools, a fire engine, and antique cars are scattered throughout the property , just as if they haven't been touched since the last miners left the place.
The site is a bit in a state of decomposition. If you plan a trip to visit it.. don't wait too long anymore.
This is the masterpiece!!!!
Martinewezel's Related Pages
New Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Enchantment"
- "New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World"
- "One of our 50 is missing!"
- "UNIQUE CULTURE AMONGST SOUTHWEST GRANDUER"
- "Land of Varied Scenery"
- "New Mexican Legends ...."
- "Our Land of Enchantment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Mexico
- Hotels in New Mexico
- Transportation in New Mexico
- Nightlife in New Mexico
- Restaurants in New Mexico
- Shopping in New Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in New Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Mexico
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to New Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Mexico
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Island Forum "Re: Macau Turbo Jet"
- Wrote a Review Cerillos in New Mexico Things to Do
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's New Mexico travel pages
- updated a New Mexico Travelogue "The Old Coal Mine (Madrid - New Mexico)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Old Coal Mine (Madrid - New Mexico)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Top New Mexico hotels
- Albuquerque Hotels
- 775 Reviews - 1602 Photos
- Santa Fe Hotels
- 679 Reviews - 1352 Photos
- Roswell Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 169 Photos
- Cloudcroft Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 109 Photos
- Gallup Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Taos Hotels
- 208 Reviews - 526 Photos
- Las Cruces Hotels
- 76 Reviews - 202 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 132 Photos
- Farmington Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 10 Photos
- Brantley Lake State Park Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Whites City Hotels
- 1 Review
- Ruidoso Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Silver City Hotels
- 65 Reviews - 134 Photos
- Alamogordo Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Chimayo Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 87 Photos