"The Great Ocean Road - South Australia" Personal Page by Tourtech
So you always wanted to take one of those tourist helicopter rides, but never could quite justify the $100 bucks or so per person to go up.
The Twelve Apostles is the place to do it for many reasons! The cost is not as expensive as most other places, 75 per person for a minimum 10 minute ride. The view is one of a kind, not to be seen anywhere else. And the helicopter is small. Two to three passengers max. That means that everyone gets a window seat and nobody is leaning over another passenger.
These are 150' cliffs as seen from above. The wave faces were 40' minimum. It is near imposible to do it justice from a picture.
The Twelve Apostles are giant sandstone monoliths that rise out of the sea on the south coast of Australia. it is hard to describe them, but they cover about 20 miles of coast and have taken thousands of years to form.
They are constantly changing. It is good to see them from the air and also from up close as you can appreciate the different perspectives. Here is a long view of the coast as only seen from the air.
Take a look at this picture and remember: 150 foot (45M) cliffs - 40 foot (12M) wave faces
All you gotta think is 40' waves down below.
This picture does not do it justice!
This Island used to be attached to the mainland by a natural stone arch. In 1992, the arch itself dropped into the ocean, creating this island and stranding three tourists there for the night.
this is an impressive look at both the power of the ocean and the natural erosion of the cliff faces.
Again this picture does not do the size of both the cliffs and the waves justice.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 38 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
updated their Profile Page "Working to travel!!!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Working to travel!!!"
- Tourtech and mesoblonda are now friends.
- Commented on BruceDunning's profile page
- Posted in Travel Halifax Forum "Re: Halifax Restaurants"
- Wrote a Review The Archeological site of Kourion in Paphos Off The Beaten Path
- created a Ottawa Travel Page "Ottawa is a lovely city, winter or summer."
PhotosSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Paphos Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Cairns Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Maui Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Byron Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos