"The Great Ocean Road - South Australia" Personal Page by Tourtech
So you always wanted to take one of those tourist helicopter rides, but never could quite justify the $100 bucks or so per person to go up.
The Twelve Apostles is the place to do it for many reasons! The cost is not as expensive as most other places, 75 per person for a minimum 10 minute ride. The view is one of a kind, not to be seen anywhere else. And the helicopter is small. Two to three passengers max. That means that everyone gets a window seat and nobody is leaning over another passenger.
These are 150' cliffs as seen from above. The wave faces were 40' minimum. It is near imposible to do it justice from a picture.
The Twelve Apostles are giant sandstone monoliths that rise out of the sea on the south coast of Australia. it is hard to describe them, but they cover about 20 miles of coast and have taken thousands of years to form.
They are constantly changing. It is good to see them from the air and also from up close as you can appreciate the different perspectives. Here is a long view of the coast as only seen from the air.
Take a look at this picture and remember: 150 foot (45M) cliffs - 40 foot (12M) wave faces
All you gotta think is 40' waves down below.
This picture does not do it justice!
This Island used to be attached to the mainland by a natural stone arch. In 1992, the arch itself dropped into the ocean, creating this island and stranding three tourists there for the night.
this is an impressive look at both the power of the ocean and the natural erosion of the cliff faces.
Again this picture does not do the size of both the cliffs and the waves justice.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 38 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
updated their Profile Page "Working to travel!!!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Working to travel!!!"
- Tourtech and mesoblonda are now friends.
- Commented on BruceDunning's profile page
- Posted in Travel Halifax Forum "Re: Halifax Restaurants"
- Wrote a Review The Archeological site of Kourion in Paphos Off The Beaten Path
- created a Ottawa Travel Page "Ottawa is a lovely city, winter or summer."
PhotosSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Paphos Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Cairns Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Maui Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Byron Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos