"A "Royal Wedding" in Merelbeke/Ghent/Belgium" Personal Page by Luchonda
A special day in my and their life, Sam - Kim - Fred and the close family walked through the Park - a glorious moment.
A renovated city of halls, erected on 20/11/1999
Did you know that wedding rings are traditionally worn on the left ring finger because it was believed that the vein in that finger went straight to the heart? Nowadays, the tradition still exists even though modern medical technology has proven the belief wrong. Another tradition is, after the ceremony, women transfer their engagement ring from the left hand to their right so they can wear the wedding ring on the left finger.
Info from the net :
Since early Roman times some grain - usually wheat - has been associated with the wedding ceremony.
The basis for the predominant theory as to why rice and other grains, such as wheat, have played a prominent role in marriage ceremonies for centuries, is that they are fraught with symbolism of fertility and of prosperity. By throwing rice at the bride and groom at a wedding, guests symbolically wish them a lifetime full of these blessings.
Historically, in certain primitive tribal cultures, the mere act of supping on rice together bound a couple in matrimony, as eating this local food together implied their living together. In other cultures, the symbolic eating of rice together preceded a shower of rice over the married couple.
Perhaps the most curious use of rice in the wedding ceremony, was its use in some cultures not to unite the happy couple, but to feed the uninvited evil spirits who always attended the ceremony. The rationale behind this practice was to ward off evil, as well-fed evil spirits would bring no harm to the blissful couple.
The Citroen 1927 is not exactly " A traction Avant" But nevertheless a dream car for special occassions. The Traction Avant itself was a vehicle of revolutionary design and hailed by the press when it makes its debut in 1934.
It is "so new, so bold, so full of original ideas, so different from what has gone before"
Freaks, we are talking about a car - builded 80 years ago - no ABS, GPS and safety bags, pure mechanical, no electronics.
Time goes fast.
A walk in the park in Destelbergen. The "Van Acker Park" - a surprice for the invitees from Germany (my close family) - I never noticed that Destelbergen has to offer that much greens. Absolutly a highlight.
This priest is so unique and always welcome in the family, at any occasion
BTW The family De Mey still have a son and daughter to be ....
I'm looking forward ....
No milk today ? But Champ ! And as a present a wedding night in the Sofitel Hotel in the old center of Ghent. They will never tell us the true story what happened that night - but they are right. We just knew that breakfast was included and a bottle of champ was on the right temperature - cool and refreshing.
All the best to the couple
Girl, I just love you and Fred, so both, and you are a woman now ( Neil Diamond ) all the luck.
More Personal Pages (4)
Written Dec 10, 2005
Taking pictures of people all over this world
Written Jul 11, 2004
Picturing people all over the world
Written Sep 22, 2005
My pearls - seen by Fred - her friend !
Written Apr 8, 2005
A few weeks later - my granddaughter Sam
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,339 Reviews
- 6,316 Photos
- 29 Countries
- 156 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
- Luchonda and missmarianne are now friends.
- updated a Gent Travelogue "Flat boats visiting Ghent"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flat boats visiting Ghent"
- Wrote a Review Harbor of Ghent - Flat boat show in May in Gent Things to Do
- Commented on one of planxty's London travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Treat the youth right or play with dynamite"
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos