"Scottish Splendour" Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Travelogue by nickandchris
Highland Travel Guide: 1,665 reviews and 4,099 photos
The sun went down on the mountains behind the campsite, creating spectacular colours. Couldn't resist taking photos.
One day most of the camp site watched a lone stag wandering over the mountains.
An overall view of one of our camping spots. Philip had great fun (and so did Nick) with his radio-controlled boat in the river. This is also the river teeming with leaping trout but we could only catch small ones.
Another one looking towards Ben Nevis.
Evening colours on Ben Nevis. We had wonderful weather while we were here.
On Loch Duich we didn't have such good weather although the conditions were perfect for seal watching.
We weren't too sure about camping here, across from the cemetery but in the end we did, with a view to move if we were upsetting anyone. We stayed three nights and no-one bothered us. We always leave places cleaner than when we arrive.
Unrivalled scenery. I took some photos when I went for a bike ride towards the head of the loch but unfortunately I am not very fit nor am I a good cyclist. I never reached the end of the road!!!! Never mind.
Philip decided to build himself a cairn and decorate it with sea-weed. it was a good indicator as to the state of the tide. It was still there the next morning.
- See All Loch Striven
- See All Glen Orchy.
- See All Seals and More Seals.....
- Excellent For Seafood
- See All B869 Lochinver to A894
nickandchris' Related Pages
Highland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My favorite part of Scotland"
- "A Journey Back Through Time"
- "From Argyll To Sutherland"
- "The Highlands - The true essence of Scotland"
- "On and Mostly Off the Road in the Highlands"
- "Highlands and Islands of Scotland"
- "The highlands - the true scotland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Highland
- Hotels in Highland
- Transportation in Highland
- Nightlife in Highland
- Restaurants in Highland
- Shopping in Highland
- Warnings and Dangers in Highland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highland
- 112 Reviews
- 496 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Highland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 70 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 70 reviews, 248 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 52 reviews, 258 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Top Highland hotels
- Inverness Hotels
- 339 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Fort William Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Kingussie Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Aviemore Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Portree Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Strathpeffer Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Invergarry Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Ullapool Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 279 Photos
- Fort Augustus Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Durness Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 108 Photos
- Dingwall Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Ballachulish Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Strath Gairloch Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Staffa Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Isle of Skye Hotels
- 443 Reviews - 885 Photos