"About me" Personal Page by rsilva
This is Leiden, the Netherlands, the place where I currently live. This is the view over the "Beestenmarkt" square very close to where I live.
I was born in Stockholm, Sweden and lived there until I was 9 years old, after that, my parents (who are both Portuguese) decided to move back to Lisbon.
That is where I lived until the end of 2000, in several cities. The last few years I spent in Oeiras, which is half an hour from Lisbon.
I felt the need to leave the country and explore other places, so when I got the chance to go work in the Netherlands, I gladly took it.
It has been just over 4 years now so who knows if a new move is coming up?
What I really like about the historical center of Leiden is the fact that there are no tall buildings. It is a very photogenic city and it is quite nice to live in. There are a lot of bars and pubs and even some nice restaurants to keep you entertained.
There is a big University here, so there are always a lot of young people around. The fact that many are foreigners adds to the charm. The only problem is that they often move back or to another country, so you see a lot of your friends leave...
I recently discovered that I really like photography and I have been dedicating some time to learning the technical aspects of taking a nice photo. In the meantime, I just keep trying.
Traveling is also something I really enjoy, having lived in different countries, I always feel like exploring new ones, for fun and, who knows, to live there. Maybe I will never find my perfect spot, but I will keep trying.
My girlfriend (who is Italian) also shares this passion, so we travel as often as we can (and work allows), even if only for a weekend.
Cinema is another of my passions, I often feel like traveling after a movie, not necessarily to the place where the film is set. The latest film I saw and enjoyed was Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
This is where I spent most of my life.
It is a very beautiful country and I recommend visiting it, not only Lisbon but the smaller cities that can be very charming.
You will find nice weather, excellent food, probably among the best in the world (not only my opinion) and generally charming people.
I think it is the perfect holiday destination, you can find the sea (with beautiful beaches, but ice cold water), mountains, forests, etc. Something for everyone.
This is a picture of a lovely small city called Obidos (about 90 km from Lisbon), which is surrounded by medieval walls and really is something special. I will create a page later.
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 306 Reviews
- 599 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 44 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- rsilva and La_Holandesa are now friends.
- Commented on kemisteryoso's profile page
- Wrote a Review Near-luxury hotel at a great price in Quito Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Near-luxury hotel at a great price"
- updated a Cusco Travel Page "Cusco - our resting place after the Inca trail"
updated their Profile Page "My travel pages"
- Posted in Travel Lisbon Forum "RE: RE: Lisbon, Portugal"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos