"I got lost in the city of Sao Paulo." São Paulo Travelogue by benazer
São Paulo Travel Guide: 864 reviews and 1,759 photos
I was hungry and tired so decided to take a break,walked into this cafee had some nice pasties and cakes and lemonade then an expresso afterwards,when I decided I was rested enough got up and left the place but suddenly I had no idea which way was the right way but no problem soon I will get my position corrected by some landmarks like shop or a statue or some church,kept on walking soon it was clear I was going the wrong direction,should have turned left outside the coffee place,ok no problem turned back but could not find this coffee place because I relaised there are lots of them around this part of BRAS,I was here at Bras to look at some shops and market place it is a very busy and lively part of the city.
I turned left at most likely looking cafee then thought ``ok wise guy which way now?``I kept on walking till I was certain this was not the right direction,wish I bought my map with me.Some very interesting shops around here with very good bargains.
Right ,do not panic,keep cool boy you are not in wilderland,plenty of shops selling food and cigarettes.
I know I shall ask someone the way,but my Portugese is very very poor and hardly anyone speaks English,I apporach a woman``por favor the metro`` I mumble,
She starts talking and talking,I indicate I do not understand but she keeps on talking,I leave her stil talking and ask a man this time,he points to a direction on my right so I go that way,after a long way still no metro,I take the next left randomly,then the next right then right again...
I am back where I started from,then an idea hits me,I take out my camera and compare the picture you see here,thenI know exectly where I am..
The dried meats all kinds and all animals including fish,chicken and birds and lizards too maybe.
Then herbs unimaginable varieties and cheeses of so many kinds and fruits dried and fresh and ofcourse the smells some nice some not,some food smells in hot countries.
Sounds of the tradesmen shouting all around and loud music from casette and cd stands and the crowds in their thousands pushing and stepping on you and knocking you with their bags,oh no wonder I got lost.......
PS :The blondie you see is not with me,I dont know her
- See All Drive at right
- See All Warning,escaping trees
- See All Almost Easter time at Sao Paulo
- See All Pet dogs
- See All He poses for cameras
benazer's Related Pages
São Paulo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Short glimpses at São Paulo , my place....."
- "SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER"
- "Cidade da Garoa"
- "Who am I to give advice?"
- "São Paulo"
- "Gasoline fumes and roasting meat...aaahhhh!"
- "More on Sao Paulo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Paulo
- Hotels in São Paulo
- Transportation in São Paulo
- Nightlife in São Paulo
- Restaurants in São Paulo
- Shopping in São Paulo
- Warnings and Dangers in São Paulo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Paulo
- 65 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to São Paulo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Paulo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: EuroMeet 2015 and 2016"
- Uploaded a Photo to "São Paulo--CAPITAL OF BRAZIL..."
- updated a São Paulo Travel Page "São Paulo--CAPITAL OF BRAZIL..."
- Commented on one of Lady_Disdain's São Paulo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Drive at right about Taxi, cars - own or hired in São Paulo Transportation
Photos in São PauloSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 88 reviews, 151 photos, 7 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 65 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 48 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de São Paulo Intro, 46 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Foz do Iguaçu Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verona Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ilhabela Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos