"I got lost in the city of Sao Paulo." São Paulo Travelogue by benazer

São Paulo Travel Guide: 856 reviews and 1,745 photos

The crowds,the sun,the food,.....

I was hungry and tired so decided to take a break,walked into this cafee had some nice pasties and cakes and lemonade then an expresso afterwards,when I decided I was rested enough got up and left the place but suddenly I had no idea which way was the right way but no problem soon I will get my position corrected by some landmarks like shop or a statue or some church,kept on walking soon it was clear I was going the wrong direction,should have turned left outside the coffee place,ok no problem turned back but could not find this coffee place because I relaised there are lots of them around this part of BRAS,I was here at Bras to look at some shops and market place it is a very busy and lively part of the city.
I turned left at most likely looking cafee then thought ``ok wise guy which way now?``I kept on walking till I was certain this was not the right direction,wish I bought my map with me.Some very interesting shops around here with very good bargains.

Right ,do not panic,keep cool boy you are not in wilderland,plenty of shops selling food and cigarettes.
I know I shall ask someone the way,but my Portugese is very very poor and hardly anyone speaks English,I apporach a woman``por favor the metro`` I mumble,
She starts talking and talking,I indicate I do not understand but she keeps on talking,I leave her stil talking and ask a man this time,he points to a direction on my right so I go that way,after a long way still no metro,I take the next left randomly,then the next right then right again...
I am back where I started from,then an idea hits me,I take out my camera and compare the picture you see here,thenI know exectly where I am..

Anything you like or don´t like.

The dried meats all kinds and all animals including fish,chicken and birds and lizards too maybe.
Then herbs unimaginable varieties and cheeses of so many kinds and fruits dried and fresh and ofcourse the smells some nice some not,some food smells in hot countries.
Sounds of the tradesmen shouting all around and loud music from casette and cd stands and the crowds in their thousands pushing and stepping on you and knocking you with their bags,oh no wonder I got lost.......
PS :The blondie you see is not with me,I dont know her

• Page Updated Feb 16, 2005

Comments

benazer Visits Here Frequently!

benazer

“There is NO reason and no meaning to life ....”

Badges & Stats in São Paulo

Have you been to São Paulo?