"MY HOBBIES" Personal Page by RENE_CARDOEN
In the early sixties, in the middle of the cold war between the Soviet Union and the so-called “free world”, president J. F. Kennedy spoke to the world and said:
“… and before the end of the decade we’ll put a man on the moon…”
Those words had such an impact on me that I became an active member of the amateur observatory "Mira" at Grimbergen, near Brussels
At the end of the seventies a new kind of music was born, namely the electronic music. I was fascinated by the fact that a synthesizer could generate the sound of any existing musical instrument. Even more, it created sounds a human being never heard before!!!
I joined a club in Antwerp and built my own synthesizer. The instrument was so complex and difficult to play that my interest faded away after a few years.
Nevertheless it was a wonderful period in my life and I still love House music, Techno, Trance, Ambient, etc…
My favourite artists and bands were (and still are) Isao Tomita, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultze, Kraftwerk, Vangelis and many many more….
In the summer of 1976 we spent our holidays in Estepona at the Costa del Sol (Spain). We had a wonderful time. Every evening special attractions and entertainment was organized at the local club. One night we were selected to participate in a dancing contest. Soon it was clear that the other participants were well-trained dancers. We were young and had no experience in that sort of stuff. It turned out to a competition between the English, the Germans and the Dutch. We poor Belgians ended last classified, with no points.
After a few days, back home, a friend came along and asked us to join a dancing club in Kraainem. We had not digested that awful flop in Spain yet and agreed immediately.
So we started a new hobby.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 255 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- RENE_CARDOEN and filipdebont are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Turku Forum "Re: Ferry Stockholm - Turku"
- Commented on kiwi's profile page
- updated a Black Forest Travel Page "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Rene Cardoen's travel world"
- Wrote a Review Military forces and tourist police are omnipresent in Egypt Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Hungary Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos
- Portugal Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 45 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zaventem Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Germany Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Groningen Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Austria Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55088 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15667 Reviews - 31359 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos