"MY HOBBIES" Personal Page by RENE_CARDOEN
In the early sixties, in the middle of the cold war between the Soviet Union and the so-called “free world”, president J. F. Kennedy spoke to the world and said:
“… and before the end of the decade we’ll put a man on the moon…”
Those words had such an impact on me that I became an active member of the amateur observatory "Mira" at Grimbergen, near Brussels
At the end of the seventies a new kind of music was born, namely the electronic music. I was fascinated by the fact that a synthesizer could generate the sound of any existing musical instrument. Even more, it created sounds a human being never heard before!!!
I joined a club in Antwerp and built my own synthesizer. The instrument was so complex and difficult to play that my interest faded away after a few years.
Nevertheless it was a wonderful period in my life and I still love House music, Techno, Trance, Ambient, etc…
My favourite artists and bands were (and still are) Isao Tomita, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultze, Kraftwerk, Vangelis and many many more….
In the summer of 1976 we spent our holidays in Estepona at the Costa del Sol (Spain). We had a wonderful time. Every evening special attractions and entertainment was organized at the local club. One night we were selected to participate in a dancing contest. Soon it was clear that the other participants were well-trained dancers. We were young and had no experience in that sort of stuff. It turned out to a competition between the English, the Germans and the Dutch. We poor Belgians ended last classified, with no points.
After a few days, back home, a friend came along and asked us to join a dancing club in Kraainem. We had not digested that awful flop in Spain yet and agreed immediately.
So we started a new hobby.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 255 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- RENE_CARDOEN and filipdebont are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Turku Forum "Re: Ferry Stockholm - Turku"
- Commented on kiwi's profile page
- updated a Black Forest Travel Page "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Rene Cardoen's travel world"
- Wrote a Review Military forces and tourist police are omnipresent in Egypt Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Hungary Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos
- Portugal Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 45 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zaventem Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Germany Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Groningen Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Austria Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54009 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7702 Reviews - 19813 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos