"Eastern Netherlands" Provincie Overijssel Travelogue by Sprucebeer
Provincie Overijssel Travel Guide: 1,109 reviews and 3,555 photos
Ok today we were on the hunt for a Harley Davidson store in Vroomshoop and try to make it to the South of Holland. We had a fantastic time, wonderful drive through Eastern provinces and found some picturesque towns where people don’t speak much English. This made it fun and very interesting when asking for directions. We found the people quite friendly and willing to help. Some were even surprised to see Canadians in that part of Holland.
Of course again we did not hop on the main motorway but rather opted for the smaller highways. Harder to follow on the maps, but much more to see!
I had to take a picture here for friends back home with the same name. Being born in Canada, they have never been to the Netherlands. They don’t know what they’re missing!
So glad we drove through Ommen (very close to Vroomshoop). Ommen is a picturesque town situated on the “Overijssels Vechtdal”. There are a lot of houses with thatched roofs, even the ice cream bar had a thatched roof. Ommen’s attraction seems to be its nature, nature trails, rural estates and hamlets (splendid farmhouses and scenery). We turned off on a little road that ended up leading to some farms and scenic road. I mean there were many visitors down this road and seemed to be the place to visit.
In Ommen we stopped at a gas station to get directions to Vroomshoop. The attendant here was very nice and wished to help me although he didn’t speak much English. Instead he drew me a map describing how the get there, like go throught lights, over train track, over bridge etc. Was the most helpful map we had during our trip :). OMG I love this place so much!
Oh no we are lost again hehhehee. Now we are truly starting to feel like we are in another country. The feeling is great!
We managed to find the Harley Davidson dealer in Vroomshoop. Nice little town and the dealership is along a river. My husband bought some t-shirts and even a coffee mug to prove we were there. The person who helped us at the store told us about the Harley Davidson Museum in Raalte not that far away. Unfortunately they were close by the time we got there. It would have been interesting, but anyways we kept heading South.
Sprucebeer's Related Pages
Provincie Overijssel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Countryside: Peaceful and beautiful nature."
- "Overijssel / Twente"
- "Provincie Overijssel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Overijssel
- Hotels in Provincie Overijssel
- Transportation in Provincie Overijssel
- Nightlife in Provincie Overijssel
- Restaurants in Provincie Overijssel
- Shopping in Provincie Overijssel
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Overijssel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Overijssel
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Provincie Overijssel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Overijssel
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valkenburg Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Groningen Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cashel Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Scotland Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos