"Something About the Apple not Falling Far..." Personal Page by aphrodyte
NEVER in a MILLION YEARS did I think that I would be a mother. Maybe a glorified aunt or someone's fairy godmother! But, me? A mother??
That's a tall order for someone who's world revolved around matching accessories, revolving hair stylists and the next trip to somewhere fun.
But here I am...a MOM!
Admittedly, I was a bit selfish in the beginning. I thought this would be the end of my grand adventures as a "minute by minute", "no itinerary" traveller. From now on it was baby carriers...baby seats...booster seats...weight limits...bathrooms with CLEAN, adequate changing facilities..."no strollers allowed"...formula heaters...no one under 21.
It took me 4 1/2 days to realize that it didn't have to be that way. I wasn't thinking progressively. Instead of feeling constricted about my plans and our destinations, why couldn't I hand my daughter the world and a bowl of fried rice to go with it? Why couldn't I strap her into one of those infant backpacks and take her along with me? What's wrong with that?
My daughter has seen parts of the country others could only dream of seeing. She has marvelled at things that I would have taken for granted. She has tasted salt-water air, scaled the mountains, and felt the sweat of the southern summer sun...and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This was taken in the subway station on Manhattan Island.
Mind you...we weren't lost...but since everyone else was looking at something she felt that she had to "fit in".
Admittedly...I had been dragging her all over Winnipeg all day that day...
Normally she loudly protests having to go to sleep...
That was my very expensive jasmine infused night mask with seed granuals inside it.
come to think of it...it's missing...
If there was a ever a choice of saving me from drowning or eating a big bowl of ice cream slathered with the richest chocolate syrup...
I would definitely be in trouble.
We lugged sparring gear all over the place, whether we needed it or not!
My cute little warrior!
Admittedly...I forced her to learn the flute. I firmly believe that music is the universal equalizer and statistics show that a child is much more successful as an adult when music is introduced at an elementary level...stats don't lie!
I have a great appreciation for art, history and culture and I'm very proud that my daughter has that same reverence for them.
More Personal Pages (2)
Written Jan 2, 2012
Travelling isn't fun without a friend.
Written Apr 22, 2009
Reflecting on a Goddess Life
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 149 Reviews
- 451 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Posted in Travel Kansas City Forum "Re: kc vs raytown vs indepence"
- created a Fredericksburg Travel Page "There's a whole lotta 'LOVE' in Fredericksburg, VA"
- aphrodyte and crowepie are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "YES....I'M THE CRAZY ONE."
- Commented on akkipaa's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Wise Old Owl Art Gallery!"
- Wrote a Review Mud-less on Mud Island about Mud Island in Memphis Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 37 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 5 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Nashville Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winnipeg Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Spokane Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos