"Something About the Apple not Falling Far..." Personal Page by aphrodyte
NEVER in a MILLION YEARS did I think that I would be a mother. Maybe a glorified aunt or someone's fairy godmother! But, me? A mother??
That's a tall order for someone who's world revolved around matching accessories, revolving hair stylists and the next trip to somewhere fun.
But here I am...a MOM!
Admittedly, I was a bit selfish in the beginning. I thought this would be the end of my grand adventures as a "minute by minute", "no itinerary" traveller. From now on it was baby carriers...baby seats...booster seats...weight limits...bathrooms with CLEAN, adequate changing facilities..."no strollers allowed"...formula heaters...no one under 21.
It took me 4 1/2 days to realize that it didn't have to be that way. I wasn't thinking progressively. Instead of feeling constricted about my plans and our destinations, why couldn't I hand my daughter the world and a bowl of fried rice to go with it? Why couldn't I strap her into one of those infant backpacks and take her along with me? What's wrong with that?
My daughter has seen parts of the country others could only dream of seeing. She has marvelled at things that I would have taken for granted. She has tasted salt-water air, scaled the mountains, and felt the sweat of the southern summer sun...and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This was taken in the subway station on Manhattan Island.
Mind you...we weren't lost...but since everyone else was looking at something she felt that she had to "fit in".
Admittedly...I had been dragging her all over Winnipeg all day that day...
Normally she loudly protests having to go to sleep...
That was my very expensive jasmine infused night mask with seed granuals inside it.
come to think of it...it's missing...
If there was a ever a choice of saving me from drowning or eating a big bowl of ice cream slathered with the richest chocolate syrup...
I would definitely be in trouble.
We lugged sparring gear all over the place, whether we needed it or not!
My cute little warrior!
Admittedly...I forced her to learn the flute. I firmly believe that music is the universal equalizer and statistics show that a child is much more successful as an adult when music is introduced at an elementary level...stats don't lie!
I have a great appreciation for art, history and culture and I'm very proud that my daughter has that same reverence for them.
More Personal Pages (2)
Written Jan 2, 2012
Travelling isn't fun without a friend.
Written Apr 22, 2009
Reflecting on a Goddess Life
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 149 Reviews
- 451 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
updated their Profile Page "YES....I'M THE CRAZY ONE."
- aphrodyte and ligaya are now friends.
- Commented on akkipaa's profile page
- updated a Kansas City Travel Page "The Wise Old Owl Art Gallery!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Wise Old Owl Art Gallery!"
- Wrote a Review Mud-less on Mud Island about Mud Island in Memphis Things to Do
- Posted in Travel San Antonio Forum "GOING GREEN IN SAN ANTONIO!!"
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 37 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 5 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Nashville Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winnipeg Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Spokane Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos