"Park Here For Good - OLD HOMEPAGE I" Personal Page by bkoon
SELAMAT DATANG !!!!
You gotta experience Malaysia, my country. Born in the beautiful Penang, Malaysia and now live/work in Singapore and Johor Bahru.
To know more about Malaysia and/or Singapore, feel free to ask.
Interview With God
View the Northern Lights here!!
Jul - UK and Iceland
Aug to Sep - Central Asia
Oct to Mar - India
Apr to May - South East Asia
(Will I be able to do it?)
Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it.
*** L *** L ***
*** I **** I ***
*** V *** F ***
*** E *** E ***
Most people come to Malaysia, explore the West Malaysia but few go to East Malaysia. Maybe it is out of the way. There are lots of activities one can do in Malaysia. Personally, I have not been to East Malaysia only until this year when I decided to visit Sabah. I love the place very much. There are still many places which I have not been and/or would like to re-visit for more. The only UNESCO World Heritage Site we have in Malaysia is our very own Mount Kinabalu in Sabah.
In Malaysia, there are just so much one can do, from jungle trekking, mountain climbing, diving, sport fishing, sky diving, shopping, eating, and the list goes on.
My favourite places are :
- Penang (My Birth Place)
- Malacca (Historical Place)
- Kuala Lumpur (Shopping & Eating Place)
- Islands off the East Coast (Sun and Sea Place)
- Kedah (Dad's Birth Place & My Memorable "Kampung" Days)
- Pulau Langkawi
- Pulau Redang
- Pulau Perhentian
- Pulau Tioman
- Pulau Aur
- Pulau Pangkor
- Pulau Besar
- Pulau Sibu
31 Mar 04 : I am back from Sabah. I touched down just now in the late afternoon. I saw and I conquered the Mount Kinabalu. It was not an easy hike but I enjoyed the journey to the Summit very much. It was such a great experience.
England, a country which everyone knows. My first trip to England was during my 2nd year in the universiy. It was my first backpacking trip and England was my first destination. After that, I went back to England again and again.
Generally, I love the shopping in London during springtime and summertime. I usually drives when I am in England and the most distinctive thing is that there are round-abouts everywhere and I went the wrong directions many times (despite of a GPS system in the car).
Some of the places I have visited in England are :
- Bath (My favourite)
- Lake District
- Loughborough (A small university town where I went a few times when sis was studying there.)
Cambodia is country which is scarred by her recent history. Listen to what the Cambodians have to say and one will feel for them.
Anyway, tourism has picked up quite tremendously in such a beautiful country of Cambodia. To any visitor, don't leave Cambodia without seeing the Angkor Temples, especially Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple and Banteay Srie.
It is interesting to explore how a normal Cambodian lives and makes a living.
I would like to welcome you to my Cambodia Page - Particularly the part on the daily lives of an average Cambodian.
Thailand, a land of smiles. I have been to Thailand many times but so far, I have only explored the Southern part of the country. I have been going to the same places, especially the islands and beaches in Southern Thailand. Finally in June 2004, I will visit Bangkok for the first time.
Thailand has a lot to offer, ranging from good Thai food to good shopping and most importantly, many cool beaches / islands and historical places of interest.
Places I have visited are :
- Tarutao National Marine Park (My favourite)
- Ko Samui
- Phi Phi
Nice beaches and sunsets.
Impression of Indonesia
I have been to only 3 places in Indonesia. There are Bali, Bintan and Batam. Bintan and Batam are 2 favourite places among residents of Singapore as they are so near. Many golfers go there for golfing once in a while. Since some time ago, Bali has been one of travellers' favourites. Personally, I love Bali. I love the sea there, the culture, the shopping, the temples, the friendly people, etc. Unforgettable experience in Bali was surfing at Kuta Beach and being totally mesmerised by the Balinese Dances.
I plan to go back to Bali for surfing again. I am only an amateur in that but I like that activity very much. Other places in indonesia which I would like to go would be Lombok, the Manado Islands, Medan (used to be very popular) and Jakarta.
Country of bagpipes and castles and nice scenery. I love travelling in Scotland very much too. This country is Highly Recommended for anyone who loves the greens, the lakes, the highlands. Travelling to the highlands was a great experience.
The Scottish city which I like best is none other than Glasgow. Although much quieter than London in England or Edinburg, Glasgow is a place of art. There are countless museums and galleries. To highlight, I like the works of the famous architect, Machintosh.
Most memorable places are :
- Isle of Skyde
- Isle of Mull
- The Lakes
Small country with a long coast.
More and more travellers are heading to Croatia for her beautiful coastal towns and islands. I am glad I had the chance to go to Croatia in 2003.
Some of the places which one must not miss when in Croatia are :
- Plitvice National Park
- Krka National Park
Japan gives me a different and yet rather strange feeling. I felt like I was transported to somewhere out of this planet. Due to the very different culture, Japan is a really unique country. There are many things which the rest of the world do not have. Japan is indeed a country worth visiting, not just once, but again and again.
In have been to the following Japanese cities :
A country with a small population of 4 million people.
Singaopre is a bustling city, a transportation hub for most travellers. Although singaopre is small, she has a lot to offer too, not just in terms of economic development, she does well in the promotion of tourism too. Some of the things which are unique to Singapore are :
- Singapore is a Garden City
- Highest waterfall in Southeast Asia is man-made and located at the Jurong Bird Park
- Multi-racial society (4 main races are Chinese, Malays, Indians and Eurasians)
East Timor, a new democratic independent state. This country used to be part of Indonesia and independence was finally declared in 2001 after a long struggle.
Why am I embarking on a trip to East Timor? Firstly, it is a rather unexplored land. Next, I wanna learn more about their culture and their livelihood. How? I involved myself in a volunteer project to do marine conservation in East Timor this coming November. It will be a underwater scientific survey report which our group needs to come out with. The project is definitely worthwhile as we are assisting in checking on the reefs there at East Timor, which may led to developments in the future, for instance, eco-tourism.
I shall be putting up more information on East Timor soon.
A nice country ... And a colourful one too!
Impression of India
I went on a backpacking trip with one of my girl friends to North India in 2001. I love the Himalayas most, especially places like Leh and its outskirts. Backpacking in India is not easy for 2 ladies. I survived it and enjoyed it trememdously too. The Taj Mahal to me is the biggest project of love I have seen so far.
I would like to go back to India again, to explore South India, going to Goa and checking out Bollywood. I also wish to embrak on a more rugged trip, that is, to go trekking in Sikkim, the Indian Himalaya.
Pronto! I have been to Italy twice and I did the same itinerary twice. There is only one explanation why I went back to Italy again for the same places. Perhaps it was the wish which I made at Trevi Fuontain in Rome. It was believed that if you go to the Trevi Fountain and make a wish there, you will go back to Italy one day. Anyway, the Italian cities which I've been to are :
- Milan (I love the Duomo, the gothic structure is fabulous. And the shopping there too, including the bookstores.)
- Pisa (The leaning tower.)
- Venice (A romantic little city with narrow lanes and gondolas.)
- Florence (The art galleries and the baroque Duomo.)
- Rome (Lots to see and so much to do.)
- Vatican City (Say hi to the pope.)
In general, Italy is a very beautiful place. Food is great and I simply love the cafe latte there. I somehow can smell the aroma of the coffee now. mmmm.....
A very populated country with its unique culture and traditions.
China with its 5000 years of history is really a gem. The awesome Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors are just some of things you cannot miss when you visit China. Having travelled to China a few times already, I would like to go back there again to explore other parts of the country. Anyway, as Chinese, my ancestors come from China. My grandparents came over to Malaysia and settled down in Penang in the 1940s.
The Silk Road starts from China too. I appreciate China more after I went through the Silk Road, interacting with the miniority races and having gained so much insight about their daily lives.
I met them in person :
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 819 Reviews
- 996 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- bkoon and Rumiya are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Are there any villa-style..."
updated their Profile Page "WELCOME TO BEE'S HOMEPAGE"
- Commented on xymmot's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "WELCOME TO BEE'S HOMEPAGE"
- Wrote a Review Authentic Korean Cuisine in Singapore Restaurants
- updated a State of Sabah Travel Page "Up the AWESOME Mountains, Down the GLORIOUS Ocean"
PhotosSee All Photos (996)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 132 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 142 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 103 reviews, 119 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 54 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukit Fraser Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos