"The monkey temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Travelogue by schlumpf
Jaipur Travel Guide: 1,051 reviews and 3,140 photos
The must see place numebr one in Jaipur is the “Monkey tempel” also know with the name of “Galta” or “Temple of God Sun”.There are few reasons why you must not miss such place, and one of them is simply the way you gotta take to reach this place.
First of all, you gotta rent a Rickshaw and let him take you to the base of the temple, by far from the temple itself.
After a deep walk you will reach the Fort on the top, where you will admire such a beautifull views of the city of Jaipur.
Beside of the Fort I met this amazing guy that leaves in Chittorgarth, few kilometers far from Jaipur. He start talking to me and we spend few minutes together talking about whatever, from Italy, to India and to his special way of dress, typical of Rajput and Jaipur...
As said, along the way that you gotta cover to reach the Monkey Temple, you will meet a lot of local people (i never met a tourist here!) and they will definitely stop you just to take a picture with them (a promise: next time I will bring my bloody old Polaroyd with me deamn!)...that’s simply great!!!!
Once you get to the top, passing by hindu temples and little Forts, you gotta take a deep downhill ( the eway back you will spend to cover this downhill at least 20 minutes!!!) that will take you to the right direction to the main temple....
And finally here you are, in the main temple of the Monkey temple.
The area is pretty unbelievable and so beautifull, built of a lot of buildings, temples, holy waters, where the people are taking the ritual bath..wow! it is so impressing!
All the people dress the tipical clothes so coloured and the athomsphere is a mix beetween an holy/relaxed area....can you feel me?!
When you take the stairs that brings you to the base of the main Temple, you will see other little “pools” with holy water where you will meet other people following their rituals....amazing! beautifull!
When you are on the base of the temple, then take the left side, and it will be opened a full view of the area, fullfilled of other small temples, with a lot of people busy with their own stuff....
Simply a place that has to be visited, no doubt at all, simply get to this unbelievable place!
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Meet such a smiling persons!
- See All Take care about dope dealers
- See All If you are a smoker, then smoke a BIRI
- See All Commission on tickets
schlumpf's Related Pages
Jaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Jaipur"
- "Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan"
- "The Pink City, Rajasthan's sunny capital"
- "Jaipur-The City of Palaces,Forts&Gardens"
- "Jaipur: The Capital of Rajputana !"
- "Jaipur - The Pink City"
- "Jaipur जयपुर"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaipur
- Hotels in Jaipur
- Transportation in Jaipur
- Nightlife in Jaipur
- Restaurants in Jaipur
- Shopping in Jaipur
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaipur
- 29 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Jaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaipur
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue