"The Cathedrale Notre Dame" Strasbourg Travelogue by mariev
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 1,073 reviews and 3,459 photos
The portals errected around 1300 are and incredibly delicate exemple of gothic architecture
The different scenes represented can be considered and read as a stone Bible.
The center portal illustrates the Christ's Passion.
The south (right) portal here depicts : "The foolish virgins seducted by the temptator"
The right (south) aisle of the cathedral is more roman than gothic style.
The ticket booth you can see on the photo sells tickets for a little 'train' tour around the Petite France.
The palais des Rohan lies just across the place.
The left (north) aisle is probably the most delicately carved
It's inside that you can find the most beautiful elements of this 'stone lace'
More Travelogues (1)
- Fine cooking near the Cathedral
- See All Discover local customs : Musee Alsacien
- Alsacian cooking 101 : Bilberry tart
mariev's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "Former Free Imperial City"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 24 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- updated a Strasbourg Travel Page "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Mission: a nice letter as a..."
- Wrote a Review Fine cooking near the Cathedral in Strasbourg Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strasbourg's symbol : the Cathedral"
- Commented on one of fabrice's Strasbourg travel pages
Photos in StrasbourgSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Île de la Cité Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Noyers Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancy-le-Franc Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Issy-les-Moulineaux Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue