"Palau de la Música Catalana" Barcelona Travelogue by listenandlearn
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,775 reviews and 22,687 photos
This building happens to be one of our favourites here in Barcelona. Before we start speaking of this building, please note that picture taking or photo taking, is not allowed in this building (for what reason, they would not explain, but please follow one of their rules, no photos, with or without flash are not allowed). Handful buildings all over the world really enjoy the general applause and have been able to protect and conserved the original function, which they were planned and erected. To name a few, this building named: Palau de la Música Catalan (in English: The Palace of Catalan Music), this is almost like their precious stone of Catalan modernism which was built by this famous architect Lluis Doménech & Montaner, which was built-in, in the catalogue of Heritage of Mankind works in 1997 by Unesco.
Then again, Palau de la Musica Catalana is a concert hall in constant activity. About 500,000 audiences this building can hold; with the proximity of holding 300 performances in all kinds of music that are organized annually.
Here more than anywhere else is in the building the majestic quality of the work of architect are facts. When you visit this Palace please notice the concert hall, it is as tall as it is width and seats 1970 people is one of the most beautiful of its kind in the world. Also please note and have a good stare at the glass sidewalls, the walls of the apse decorated with the muses of music, the large lead-sealed glass skylight at the centre of the hall and the stage proscenium arch, decorated with the sculptures by Massana and Gargallo.
Now let?s talk of the Façade: The façade of the Palau de la Musica is one of the most representative examples of the modernism. The continuity between the main entrance and the side façade, at the confluence of which sits the carving group entitled ?La Cancó popular Catalan (Popular Catalan Music) created by Miguel Blay and is really just amazing! The use of glass as a continuous exterior, combined with ceramic mosaics contributes to harmonize the singular beauty of the façade of the Palau de la Música.
Palau de la Música Catalana
Barcelona?s Modernist movement reached its aesthetic culmination in this magnificent concert hall (1905-1908), designed by architect Lluis Doménech & Montaner. The lavish façade, ringed by mosaic pillars and brick arches, just hints at what awaits within Doménech´s garden of music (as he called it). Enjoy your visit at Palau de la Música Catalana - Barcelona
There are guided tours and the visiting hours are: Mondays through Saturdays from 10 AM to 3:30PM. Normally every half hour.
Tickets for the show varies depending how famous the individual maybe, it can run between 7Euros and as costly as 60Euros per show.
Also there are guided tours: Normally a group tour would costs 7Euros and for students and senior citizens: 6Euros.
Location: TO GET TO THERE: Take the YELLOW LINE OR LINE 4 (DIRECTION: Trinitat Nova) get off on Jaume 1. The street is named: Carrer de Sant Francesc de Paula, 2
- See All MOST TASTEY BAR/RESTAURANT IN BARCELONA
- See All Happy To Get Lost & Found a Street Name...
- See All BARCELONA - Poble Espanyol,
- See All PULPOS A LA GALLEGO
- See All TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM AIRPORT
- See All Shopping During the Month Of AUGUST!
- See All Barcelona THE CHAMPS!
- See All The best Jamon In Spain
- See All Just warming up before hitting the Disco
- See All LIFE GUARD YOUR U.S. PASSPORTS FROM...
- Typical Tourists Trap
- Ideal for Honeymooners/Corporate...
- See All Travel Light
Been to Barcelona?Share your travels with the world!
listenandlearn's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 69 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 291 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- updated a Barcelona Travelogue "Palau de la Música Catalana"
- Posted in Travel Jerusalem Forum "Re: Passover seder in Jerusalem"
- Wrote a Review MOST TASTEY BAR/RESTAURANT IN BARCELONA about Cerveseria Catalana in Barcelona Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "FOOD IS SCRAMPTOUS, ECONOMICAL, EXCELLENT SERVICE"
- Commented on one of andro25's Barcelona travel pages
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Cambodia 8 reviews, 33 photos
- Berlin 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lourdes Intro, 24 reviews, 8 photos
- Philippines Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- New York City 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Anaheim Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Manila Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Chicago 5 reviews, 22 photos