"General Interest" Personal Page by nickandchris
This is the way we love to camp in Scotland. You can just see the van in a vast area of nothing but beauty and grandeur, not another person for miles. And it's not raining!!
We came across this unusual sight whilst on a walk. This is actually part of the Lancaster to Kendal canal absolutely covered in a red algae. We didn't realise it was water and thought it was a large area of red tarmac. Fortunately we didn't try walking on it!!
Very interesting and a nice walk.
This limestone pavement is found on the crags above Hutton Roof and is a vast area of cliffs and pavement full of clints and grikes (remember your geography?). The cliffs are popular with rock climbers and we were amazed to see some of them had even brought mattress's for a soft landing if anyone fell.
Hutton Roof is in Lancashire, between Carnforth and Kirkby Lonsdale.
A view of the western lakes taken from a campsite at Broughton-in-Furness. It's about a twenty min. journey in the van from Dalton.
A weekend retreat?
We had a beautiful weekend in October, in the van, in Wensleydale. The weather was incredible for the time of year and we even had a barbeque.
As you can see, the colours of the trees were spectacular. Who needs to go to New England??
This was the evening in Wensleydale, with a brilliant show of colours on the hills.
The caravan is my brother and sister-in-law's. They are the rich relations!!!!
My family get very bored with me taking lots of photos and video footage of sunsets. I suppose it's a bit of an addiction with me, (like V.T.)
This one was taken from a campsite at Port Logan, Dumfries and Galloway last summer.
I don't remember ever having a white Christmas before. 2004 was the exception so it had to be recorded for posterity. Taken at my dad's house in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, where I was brought up.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 0 8 7
- Forum Rank:
- 0 1 1 2 9
- Real Name
- Dalton in Furness, United Kingdom
- Member Since
- Nov 20, 2004
- 2,071 Reviews
- 8,028 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 2,070 Reviews
- 8,024 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 130 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
- Commented on scottishvisitor's profile page
updated their Profile Page "WARNING......VIRTUAL TOURIST IS ADDICTIVE!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "WARNING......VIRTUAL TOURIST IS ADDICTIVE!"
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: Beach hotel east coast of..."
- nickandchris and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- created a Rosehearty Travel Page "Round and About Rosehearty."
- Wrote a Review Cullykhan Bay in Macduff Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Isle of Walney
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 70 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 70 reviews, 248 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 52 reviews, 258 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues