"General Interest" Personal Page by nickandchris

Scottish Splendour

This is the way we love to camp in Scotland. You can just see the van in a vast area of nothing but beauty and grandeur, not another person for miles. And it's not raining!!

Canal Walk

We came across this unusual sight whilst on a walk. This is actually part of the Lancaster to Kendal canal absolutely covered in a red algae. We didn't realise it was water and thought it was a large area of red tarmac. Fortunately we didn't try walking on it!!
Very interesting and a nice walk.

Limestone Pavement

This limestone pavement is found on the crags above Hutton Roof and is a vast area of cliffs and pavement full of clints and grikes (remember your geography?). The cliffs are popular with rock climbers and we were amazed to see some of them had even brought mattress's for a soft landing if anyone fell.
Hutton Roof is in Lancashire, between Carnforth and Kirkby Lonsdale.

Lakeland View

A view of the western lakes taken from a campsite at Broughton-in-Furness. It's about a twenty min. journey in the van from Dalton.
A weekend retreat?

Yorkshire Dales

We had a beautiful weekend in October, in the van, in Wensleydale. The weather was incredible for the time of year and we even had a barbeque.
As you can see, the colours of the trees were spectacular. Who needs to go to New England??

Wensleydale in October

This was the evening in Wensleydale, with a brilliant show of colours on the hills.
The caravan is my brother and sister-in-law's. They are the rich relations!!!!

Scottish Sunset

My family get very bored with me taking lots of photos and video footage of sunsets. I suppose it's a bit of an addiction with me, (like V.T.)
This one was taken from a campsite at Port Logan, Dumfries and Galloway last summer.

White Christmas

I don't remember ever having a white Christmas before. 2004 was the exception so it had to be recorded for posterity. Taken at my dad's house in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, where I was brought up.

• Page Updated Feb 8, 2008

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

nickandchris

“Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints.”

Real Name