"General Interest" Personal Page by nickandchris
This is the way we love to camp in Scotland. You can just see the van in a vast area of nothing but beauty and grandeur, not another person for miles. And it's not raining!!
We came across this unusual sight whilst on a walk. This is actually part of the Lancaster to Kendal canal absolutely covered in a red algae. We didn't realise it was water and thought it was a large area of red tarmac. Fortunately we didn't try walking on it!!
Very interesting and a nice walk.
This limestone pavement is found on the crags above Hutton Roof and is a vast area of cliffs and pavement full of clints and grikes (remember your geography?). The cliffs are popular with rock climbers and we were amazed to see some of them had even brought mattress's for a soft landing if anyone fell.
Hutton Roof is in Lancashire, between Carnforth and Kirkby Lonsdale.
A view of the western lakes taken from a campsite at Broughton-in-Furness. It's about a twenty min. journey in the van from Dalton.
A weekend retreat?
We had a beautiful weekend in October, in the van, in Wensleydale. The weather was incredible for the time of year and we even had a barbeque.
As you can see, the colours of the trees were spectacular. Who needs to go to New England??
This was the evening in Wensleydale, with a brilliant show of colours on the hills.
The caravan is my brother and sister-in-law's. They are the rich relations!!!!
My family get very bored with me taking lots of photos and video footage of sunsets. I suppose it's a bit of an addiction with me, (like V.T.)
This one was taken from a campsite at Port Logan, Dumfries and Galloway last summer.
I don't remember ever having a white Christmas before. 2004 was the exception so it had to be recorded for posterity. Taken at my dad's house in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, where I was brought up.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 0 8 7
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 9 3 5
- Real Name
- Dalton in Furness, United Kingdom
- Member Since
- Nov 20, 2004
- 2,224 Reviews
- 8,830 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 2,224 Reviews
- 8,830 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 139 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
- Commented on Yaqui's profile page
- updated a Syvota Travel Page "Syvota and the Wonders of Epirus"
- Wrote a Review Yet Another Gorgeous Location! in Mungrisdale Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yet Another Gorgeous Location!"
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: Money Money Money"
updated their Profile Page "WARNING......VIRTUAL TOURIST IS ADDICTIVE!"
- nickandchris and AnnieM152 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to North Yorkshire
VideosSee All Videos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 72 reviews, 280 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 56 reviews, 279 photos, 1 travelogue
- Scotland Intro, 71 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 53 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 199 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues