"The hike to Delicate Arch" Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Travelogue by windsorgirl
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 609 reviews and 1,580 photos
This hike is 3 miles return trip and is considered "strenuous" due to the 480 foot gain in elevation on mostly slickrock. It will take you about an hour to reach the arch and less than that for the return trip, but plan on spending at least 30 minutes at the top wandering around and beneath the arch, enjoying the distant views as well.
This photo was taken from a smaller arch or window en route to the arch. You must leave the path and scramble up a rocky ledge for this view. Notice the natural amphitheater in front of Delciate Arch.
This is the path that leads you the last 200 yards to Delicate Arch. It is very wide and level but may be unsettling for those with a fear of heights.
This is the classic view of Delicate Arch. You can barely make out the snow capped La Sal mountains which are perfectly framed within the arch.
this is a photo of the natural amphitheater at the base of Delicate Arch. At sunset, many people gather here to watch the setting sun illuminate Delicate Arch in an orange glow.
as you make your descent back to the parking area, you will be facing this marvelous view. You can see a yellow winding trail of cottonwood trees that follow the bank of a small creek.
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amazing Arches"
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Amazing Arches"
- Wrote a Review Hiking through the Fin Canyon in Arches National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Easty's Arches National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues