"Travel Hightlights & Aircrafts-viewing~~" Personal Page by THLIN
Thanks to Andy and Arjan who give me such idea. I’ve been traveling for more than a decade; there are a lot of great memories in my life. I cherish every moment that I am traveling. Lat but not least is to thank my parents who spoil me and let me fulfill me dream to become a real traveler. Well, fasten your seal belt, our journey will soon begin.
1. Taking China Airlines B747 to HKG. 1992 TW
2. Seeing panda stand in back of me. 1992 Fu Zhou, CN.
3. Visiting my great grand mother who is now 95 years old. 1992 Fu Zhou, CN
4. Having a very special Christmas, celebrating in European way in Hong Kong. 1993 HHG
5. Vomiting due to eating too much before we go to Chian Sui Wan, 1993 Hong Kong, part of CN.
6. Flying to Hong Kong on my own, taken to First class for landing. HKG
7. Seeing dolphin show. 1995 Durban, RSA
8. Flying boat parachute at the beach. 1996 TH
9. To see the history, when Hong Kong returns to China. 1997 Hong Kong (SAR), CN.
10. Standing on the top of Table Mountain. 1999 Cape Town, RSA.
11. Wondering in Waterfront Shopping Mall, which is one of the best in the country. 1999 Cape Town, RSA
12. Stopping over in Mauritius for one hour, seeing the rain. 1999 Mauritius.
13. Going to Ocean Park with my god sister. 2000, HKG
14. Completing my first around island tour. 2001 TW, ROC.
15. Visiting Golden Ally, where famous writer Franz Kafka used to live there. 2002 Prague, CZ.
16. Eating Sacher cake which is said to be the best in the world. 2002 VIE, Austria.
17. Wondering alone in the street of Beijing. 2003 Beijing, CN
18. Visiting Forbidden Garden, feeling how great Qing Empire was. 2003 Beijing, CN
19. Visiting Zulu Land, knowing more about Zulu and their culture. 2003 Durban, South Africa.
20. Flying to Victoria Falls on Boeing 737-200. South Africa.
21. Hearing “the Sound that Smokes” making a short trip to Victoria Falls. 2003 Victoria Falls, ZW.
22. Rafting in the Zambezi River, and cross the border to Zambia. 2003 Livingstone ZM
23. Doing horse safari in National Victoria Falls Park. 2003 Victoria Falls, ZW.
24. Skiing and running into the wall because I didn’t know how to stop skiing. 2004 Harbin, CN.
25. Seeing Japanese human lab, history is to forgive but not forget. 2004 Harbin, CN
26. Finishing my second around-the-island trip, we planned our trip all by ourselves. 2004 TW, ROC.
27. Drinking Singapore Sling in Long Bar, where the cocktail was invented. 2004 SG.
28. Doing my first backpack from Malaysia to Singapore. 2004
29. Doing my second backpack in Windhoek. 2004 Windhoek, NA
30. Doing safari throughout the whole Namibia. Seeing real wild animals, including Big Five except South African buffalos. 2004 NA.
31. Standing in Kalahari Desert which is one of the oldest deserts in the world. 2004 NA.
32. Crossing Orange River and illegally entering South Africa. 2004 Northern Cape Province, RSA
33. Having my first VT meet, Andy (leonik) who was my guest. 2004 Keelung, Taiwan.
34. Skipped class to Singapore due to very cheap air fare. 2005 SG
35. Having me first overseas VT meet in Singapore. 2005 SG
36. Walking Early in the East Coast Park. 2005 Bedok, SG
37. Pretending Thai people and paying nothing for the ticket. 2005 Bangkok, TH
38. Night walking in China town of Bangkok and having so many VT meets here. 2005 Bangkok, TH
39. Walking in Rose Red City-Petra. 2005 Petra, JD
40. Floating in the Dead Sea, covering my body with Dead Sea mud. 2005 JD
41. Doing my worst international travel, from Aqaba Jordan to Nuweiba Egypt. Being misunderstood as an acting actor by Saudi kids. 2005 JD
42. Scuba diving in the Red Sea, marine lives are so astonishingly beautiful. 2005 Dahab, EG
43. Discovering local delicacies in China Town with Wendy (cheapskate). 2005 China Town, SG
44. Holding hands with beloved on our way back home from a tiresome trip... 2006 Melaka, MY
45. Travel on military plane from Kinmen back to Taipei...
Grandpa told me that he has been a lucky person to travel over 10 countries in his generation. I think I have inherited his caracter of being a travel aficionado. Here are the list of my travelling....( all except My home Taiwan ) Thanx grandpa for giving such blood.
South Africa: 1995 1999 2000 2003 2004
China: 1992 2003 2004 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2012
Hong Kong: 1992 1993 1994 1997 2000 2004 2006 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
Thailand: 1996 2005 2010
Malaysia: 2004 2006 2009 2011
Singapore: 2004 2005 2006 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Indonesia: 2006 2008 2009
Japan: 2010 2011 2012 2013
South Korea: 2011 2012
to be continued......
Expected: 2006 Summer vacation to Spain and to meet tome friends in South East Asia.
I like flying no matter which type of aircraft.These are the airlines that I have flown with...
China Airlines: (1)Taipei to Hong Kong (2) Taipei to Bangkok. It's our national airline, which is one of the most dangerous airlines in the world at one time. So I never fly with it to long-distance trip. Flying to Hong Kong, CI uses all kinds of aircraft, I have flown on their B747, A300 and maybe B732 when I was only 10 years old. (3) Taipei to Singapore on A333. (4) Singapore to Taipei via Hong Kong on B738. (5) Taipei to Osaka round trip on A330. (6) Taipei to Shenzhen. B737-800, B747. (6) Tokyo Narita to Taipei on A330.
Eva Air: (1)Taipei to Vienna via Bangkok. It's another local airlines that has international route. Their meal is the worse that I have ever tried in air. They used to fly with MD-11, but now they replace it with B747. (2) Taipei to Singapore, round trip.
Cathy Pacific: (1) Taipei to Johannesburg via Hong Kong. I like their food and cabin service. no wonder they are chosen one of the best airlines in the world. I have flown on their B747, A330, A346 and long ago on their MD. (2) Hong Kong to Singapore. (3) Taipei to Tokyo Narita on A330.
Czech Airlines (1) Budapest to Prague. It was a great experience to fly with OK. Their service was excellent, but was a pity that duration was too short. Longing for my next visit on board. I flou on their B737.
Singapore Airlines: (1) Taipei to Johannesburg via Singapore. (2) Johannesburg to Taipei via Singapore and Maritius. What can I say, SQ are among the best. From food to service, nothing I can complain about ecept no one speaks good Chinese. XD I took my first flight on B777 at SQ, but they operate to Taipei on B747. (3) Singapore to Denpasa, 2008, round trip.
South African Airways:(1) Jo'burg to Cape Town.(2) Jo'burg to Victoria Falls.(3) Jo'burg to Windhoek. It's really strange that I have never flown to SA on SAA, but while travelling within Africa, I choose SAA. I flow many kinds of aircraft on SAA, from B747-SP, B732, B738 and A340. It's the pride of Africa.
Sun Air:(1) Jo'burg to Cape Town. This one is disappeared not long after my trip in August 1999. I did not know why, they have excellent service and not-so-bad food. Maybe they used wrong strategy. Sigh...
Malaysia Airlines:(1) Taipei to KLIA via KK. (2) KLIA to Johannesburg. I admit that Malaysian Airlines is not the best that I have ever flown with, but they offer transit hotel that interests me, because I don;t have to feel ugly after a long-haul flight. Also, I have a chance to visit my Malaysian friends without paying extra, so, why not?! I have flown on their B747 and their B734.
Mandarin Airlines Kaohsiang to Taipei. Fokker 50. The aircraft was small but service was really nice. Taipei Songshan to Makung. ERJ.
Far Eastern Air Transport:MD82. From Hualien to Taipei. Very short domestic trip. Kinmen to Taipei. I didn't enjoy flying with this airlines, because their service is terrible.
TransAsia Airways: ATR72. From Taipei to Hualien. It was a very very short trip. A321 Taipei to Jeju island. My first trip on Biz Class as well as A321.
%fUni Air%f*: ATR72. From Taipei to Kinmen. Thanks to ATR, I enjoyed 70-min flight. If possible, I'd fly with them again when I travel domestically.
Tiger Airways: Singapore--Bangkok. Very friendly cabin crews. They are really nice. But free-seating policy sucks. Everyone was crazy during boarding time. Singapore--Padang--Singapore. A very nice short trip. Now they offer free in-flight magazine. Nice trip Shenzhen to Singapore round trip.
Royal Jordanian: Bangkok--amman---Bangkok. It's the worst airlines that I've ever flown with. Price are expensive if comparing to other Middle East carriers; cabin crews don't really know how to serve the passengers, sometimes they concentrate on their things rather passengers'. Food is awful and not delicious at all. I don't know why I was so stupid that I book this airline. NEVER AGAIN.It's my first time on board A340-200.
Air Force C130-1308: The most unforgetable flight that I ever fly with. Noisy, uncomfortable, bumpy and no service. What can I ask for since it is free service from my govenment:)
Air China (1) Hong Kong to Beijing. (2) Hong Kong to Harbin via Beijing. This is national airlines of China, but I don't think they offer better service than our CI. (3) Chengdu to Shenzhen on A321. I have flown on their B777, A343, B767, B737, and A321. (4) Beijing to Shenzhen on A321.
China Southern Airlines:(1) Hong Kong to Fuzhou. It was a long long ago memory. By the time I flown with them, both their food and their meal were... (2) Shenzhen and Zhengzhou round trip(B737-800 & B737-500). (3) Shenzhen to Wuhan on B738. (4) Wuhan to Chengdu on B738. Way better than my first experience in 1992. (5) Taiyuan to Xian round trip. (A320 outbound flight and A319 inbound flight) (6) Shenzhen to Taipei to Shenzhen on A321. (7) Guangzhou to Siem Reap round trip on A320.
Shanghai Airlines:(1) Shenzhen to Shanghai, 2009, B737-800.
China Eastern Airlines:(1) Shanghai to Shenzhen, B737-800, 2009 (2) Shanghai hongqiao to Shenzhen, A300, 2011 Dec Xmas day.
United Airlines: (1)Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh, B747-400, Nov 2009. (2) Hong Kong to Singapore, Dec 2009. (3) Hong to Singapore round trip, B737-800.
Shenzhen Airlines: (1) Zhengzhou to Shenzhen, first time on board B737-900, but it was not a fond memories anyway! (2) Round trip from Shenzhen to Nanchang. (3) Shenzhen to Zhengzhou on B737-800. (4) Taiyuan to Shenzhen on A319; my first time on board A319 and it was good. (5) Shenzhen to Seoul on B737-800. (6) Shenzhen to Taipei on B738. (7) Shenzhen to Fuzhou on A319. (8) Shenzhen to Xian on A319.
Hainan Airlines: (1) Shenzhen to Zhengzhou on B737-800. (2) Beijing to Taiyuan on B737-800.
Joy Air: (1) Xian to Zhengzhou on MA60. My first time on board of a made-in-China. It was a great memory. (2) Zhengzhou to Taiyuan on MA60 as well.
China Airlines...(national carriers of Taiwan, ROC. Taken in Changi Airport.
Air Asia (1) KLIA to JHB. What a great choice to fly on budgeted airlines. I can say that they provide better service than that of MH. They operate only B733, which is so tiny. (2) Singapore to Yojorkarta A320, 2009. (3) Hong Kong to Penang to Singapore, 2009. (4) Hong Kong to Bangkok. 2010 Dec. (5) Taipei to Kota Kinabalu. Oct 2011.
Jetstar Asia: (1) Taipei--Singapore (2)Bangkok--Singapore. First A320 I've ever taken and first departure from Taipei with budget airline. Wonderful experience with amazingly cheap fear. Hope there are more and more budget airlines coming to Taipei. (3) Hong Kong to Singapore, round trip, 2009. (4) Macau to singapore, one way.
Hong Kong Express Airways: Hong Kong to Osaka on B737-800(2011-May).
Cebu Pacific Airways: Hong Kong to Manila on A320. (2010-Sep)
United Airlines: Hong Kong to Ho Chih Minh City. (2009-Nov) Hong Kong to Singapore 2009-Dec & 2010 Apr on B747.
Delta Air Lines: Taipei to Tokyo Narita on B757. (2010-Mar)
Hong Kong Express: (1) Hong Kong to Osaka on B737-800.
Spring Airlines: (1) Shenzhen to Shanghai hongqiao A320-214. (2011-Dec)
This is my favourite one through out the whole trip...
Magnificant Boeing747 roaring up to the sky...
As I mention before, I love this little babe. It's cute and lovable. Now less and less Boeing 737-200 is operating. Whenever i get a chance to say hi, I NEVER give up. Indonesia has a lot of B732.
This photo was taken in Minangkabau Int'l Airport, Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
Taken in Johannesburg Int'l Airport
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 341 Reviews
- 1,191 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
updated their Profile Page "Stride Forward-Living and Working in China"
- created a Kuala Lumpur Travelogue "KUL - A vist After 9 Year"
- Uploaded a Photo to "KUL - A vist After 9 Year"
- Commented on THLIN's profile page
- THLIN and Parisforless are now friends.
- Wrote a Review The Best in the World in Kota Kinabalu Transportation
- Posted in Travel Osaka Forum "Moving Around In Kansai Area from..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 52 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shenzhen Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harbin Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padang Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amman Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hualian Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-nan Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos