"2nd time @ Nuuksio" Nuuksio Travelogue by sinoda
Nuuksio Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 36 photos
Rock debris in the meltwater streams of ancient glaciers have carved these holes through the grinding force
Here a marvellous pack of seven potholes in an area of approx. 25m2 on this particular ridge
largest pothole of this group is some 1.5m in diametre
the smallest, yet, maybe 20cm in diametre
doesn't it look like an ent?
during the Ice Age a 2 to 4 kilometre-thick ice sheet pressed the Earth's crust downwards several hundred metres...
a lot of pressure!
besides pressure the weather's impact has been a great factor in shaping the surface of these rocks...
(used source: geological outdoor map of Nuuksio)
- See All up the hills and cliffs
- Signs, visual illusion? only...
- just reach out your hand
sinoda's Related Pages
Nuuksio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuuksio - National Park"
- "Nuuksio National Park"
- "My Nuuksio"
- "Nuuksio - deep into wild"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuuksio
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Nuuksio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuuksio
Photos in NuuksioSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 57 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 51 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lappi Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Respublika Kareliya Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Venice Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Repovesi Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue