"Bridal Veil Falls" Raglan Travelogue by kiwi
Raglan Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 90 photos
Not spectacular, but I enjoyed visiting this falls. It's relatively easy to get to, and not too long a walk down to the bottom. You can see how it got it's name, with the water looking just like a bride's veil!!
The walk to the top of the falls from the road, is really easy, even a wheelchair or pram could be pushed along it. The path is very well maintained and well built.
The walk from the top of the falls down to the bottom, is rougher and impossible to negotiate with wheelchair or pram.
You can stand on the viewing platform right at the top of the falls, and look down. I always find this view of a waterfall isn't easy to photograph, but it is interesting to be at that position all the same. Not many falls you get to be so close to the fall point.
Another view looking down to the bottom pool from the top of the falls.
The track down to the bottom pool is quite steep, but has steps most of the way. This would be impossible for people with severe disabilities to negotiate. However able bodied people can do the short 10 min walk quite easily. I am not at all fit, and survived, albeit a bit out of breath on the return trip. But it isn't very far, so not a big deal. It's worth it to walk through the lovely native bush and see the falls from the bottom.
From the base of the falls you can see the huge cavity that they have carved in the rocks over the years. This has created a basin like effect and hence the formation of the nice pool at the bottom.
Being in the bush is really nice.
- See All Mainstreet pleasant atmosphere
- See All Dogs Not Allowed in Town
- See All Go across the Footbridge.
kiwi's Related Pages
Raglan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raglan
- Hotels in Raglan
- Restaurants in Raglan
- Warnings and Dangers in Raglan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Raglan
- 10 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Raglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raglan
Photos in RaglanSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (310)
Latest Raglan hotel reviews
- Karioi Lodge
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013