"Bukit Lawang, such a quiet beautifull village" Bohorok Travelogue by schlumpf
Bohorok Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
Bukit Lawang – Bohorok is what I did expect from Sumatra: a nice small village build in the middle of the rain forest with such a beautifull and kind people....
What is so deep impressed is the full green colour that surround the village. Such a “green” that i have never seen it in my entire life...
Coming from a 11months of hard stress because of my job, this village was simply an heaven for my eyes...
It was my first self organized trip to Asia, so I could not really know what to expect from it, but after some years, this place, is still one of my favourite!
The quietness that you will smell is something amazing....But on the other side you shoud anyway take care of the high umidity, of course with a rain forest on the side what shall you expect?!
So, keep in mid to drink a lot, and do not take a trek in the rain forest without bring with you some extra liters of waters, otherwise you will suffer so much....
The village gives you really a sensation of quietness, and what you smell is really a chill-out place...These are all basis that makes this place a nice village where just chill around and hang around his coloured and smelly streets, talking to the locals and just enjoy your time....
Do not be in hurry, here is really the case to say that it doesn’t work, and there is no reasons to be in hurry...just take your time, share your experience with the populations and get involved to their point of view about things...This is an absolutely cool possibility to udnerstand another culture with his different sides...
More Travelogues (1)
- Don't be in hurry..here it simply...
- Bargain, bargain and bargain again....
- The longest meali have ever had....
schlumpf's Related Pages
Bohorok Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bohorok
- Transportation in Bohorok
- Restaurants in Bohorok
- Shopping in Bohorok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bohorok
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bohorok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bohorok
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue