"This was my way trough PERU" Personal Page by schlumpf
I would like to share with ya' ll my own way trough Peru, writing down all my impressions, my pro's and con's about every place I have visited there...
....and maybe, give you some good tip on what to see in this amazing country located in the middle of the ANDES....
Peru is a country with a lot of contrast, in a part you will see "the colonial hand", but in the other hand you will immediately detect the "Inca's hand as well"....
Ok, stop telling stories and let's start with my own experience!.....
..I landed in Lima, as most of you will do, and after 18 hours journey I got my very bad present....
My laggages has been "lost"...
It was 2 ocklock in the moring and I was absolutely pised off! Considering also that I was definitely not ready about the temperatures! Outside there were something like 5 degrees and I had just no a proper dress style if you know what I mean....
Ok, overtaking this situation, the approch with Lima was unbelievable.
Lima is a phantastic city, and altough I didn't spentso many days here, there a lot of thingfs and site to visit...but if you can, i would suggest you to leave the visit of the capital at the end...
To leave Lima I took a bus straight on the south costs, where I have visited Ica and Pisco with the beauties of "Islas Ballestas" and "Penisula de Paracas", then I went to the super magic Huacachina....check the pic!
Huacachina is an amazing site, with a very high and deep-impressing sand dunes where to make a lot of activities i.e. sandboarding, or just chill ...(by the way, in the pic i am just taking my cloth up....)...
After spending a couple of days in this area, I left for the small city of Nazca, world' famous for his lines a.k.a. "Nazca lines", where a trip with a small piper made me smell the mistery ....
..And those sites were just the "small beginning"...
I stopped in Arequipa, my favourite city in Peru....
The landscapes, the peoples, the cultures is just beautifull. An activity that you definitely MUST do is a couple of days tour into the Canyon del Colca, where you will be brought up to 5.600 metres high..an unbelievable experience, where you will get in contact with all the flora 'n fauna...just great!....
After chilling for a bit in Arequipa, a typical colonial city, take a bus and let'em drive you to the "beauty" of Puno.
Puno is pretty high so take care... and his the starting point to discover the famous LAKE TITICACA.....
..At this time a couple of days to relax is what i was looking soooooooooo forward. Keep in mind that this area is pretty colder then the coast, so take a couple of pullover more...
To enjoy 100% the area you should take a ferry and go to the Isla Taquile, and Island located 3 hours from Puno, which is juts beautifull.....You can walk trough ruins and speak to locals, which, strange, are not so in contact with tourist (well, they tryes anyway to sell you whatever but less then in the other parts of the country...)..
If you decidee to sleep in Isla Taquile...here is fu**** freezing cold during the nites!!!!...but the sunrise and sunset are just unbelievables!!!!!
..leaving Puno, the bus brought me to the most famous city in Peru...CUSCO
The city has a looooooot of sites to visit altought the world' famous one is M.P......but there is so much to see....
...The easiest and the faster way to reach the jungle (i have been to Puerto Maldonado) is by plan, oytherwise you should be willing to spend a couple of days on a truck...no bus.!!!!
When I reached Puerto Maldonado, the first thing i tought it was..."God, so it does exist the sun here...and the hight temperatures"!!!
here is pretty hot, considering that two days before I was with 5 degrees freezing.....
A self done excursion in the jungle is pretty impressing, meeting people and sleep in a tend in the amazony...com'on!!!!
Well, the trip is ending here, where a flight take me back to Lima before to check me in for Milan....
...At the end, a self done way trough Peru is pretty simple, if you are o.k. with taking in the side some conforts that we are used to have during our normal lifes...
Peru is just incredible, full of smiling peoples...do not stop only at the sitesm but chill around and speak with them....spend some nites in their houses...this is my biggest tip!
For any further detail, pls. have a look o nthe single pages, or/and write me a mail...
Hope It will help some of you going to Peru...
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 384 Reviews
- 594 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 36 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
- schlumpf and majok are now friends.
- Commented on missmarianne's profile page
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "RE: Laos to Siem Reap?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Some more pics about the temple of the king & the"
- created a Temple of Abu Simbel Travelogue "Some more pics about the temple of the king & the"
- Wrote a Review temple of King in Temple of Abu Simbel Things to Do
created their Personal Page "A weekend around with my brand new friends!"
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos