VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Cats of the World" Wilton Travelogue by sbrookes

Wilton Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 84 photos

The discussion that I started in April had 41 responses and dealt with the World of Cats. Here are some pictures of cats.

The Winning Cat was Snoopy, Working Farm Cat

"I live in rural New Zealand, South Pacific. We have 3 pet cats who are expected to help catch rabbits, mice and rats on our farm. They live in our house, but "work" down the farm. Here is "Snoopy" a very good rabbit hunter. These rabbits are a bit problem on the farm and aren't cuddly pets!"

Sumitted by:Kiwi

I rather think cats are a hassard.

Submitted by daarth

Here is my cat Lasli. She is 11 years old. It's a female tricoline ( 3 colors ).

Submitted by Daniel

Russian Cat

Submitted by maxovna

Her name is 'Daisy'. Shes a little livewire. She loves catching the frogs and moths from my garden and bringing them home to me! (I hate frogs and moths!)
Daisy is 3yrs old and was rescued from a home where she was ill treated. Although she was very shy and nervous at first, she is now very trusting of me and loves me to fuss her!

From the United Kingdom by Khoya_Mike

no picture...

Arare and Bojo are VT cats as we posted their picture for our member snapshot.

submitted by Pete_Thera

Submitted by: maxovna

My Babies: Mimi & Wooh!

My babies! The smaller one is Mimi and the larger one is Wooh! (the exclamation point is part of his name).

Submitted by: jessicadf

Willey

Willey is 7 years old.
This picture was put out of my housedoor:in yellow it's written: beware of the cat!!
He always sleeps and eat...what a hard life!! :)

Submitted by Sarah (venusia@VirtualTourist.com)

Henrietta

Henri is 11 years old, when she was about four months she was run over by a car and lost most of her tail and two toes she also had to have a pin in her leg. But Henri being Henri this didn't stop her doing what she wanted to do, within a week or so she was running around up and down the stairs like she was training for the Olympic games. To us she will always be a champion and deserves a Gold medal.
Mia

Submitted by mia mary_birt@virtualtourist.com

Minky & Cassie

My two adorable cats - Minky and Cassie. They used to be inseperable but just tolerate each other now!

Submitted by Sandy

sandysmith

I live in Belgium with my family and two red coloured cats, one female called "Mop" - the right one on the pic - who is 7 years old and her son called "Zino" of 6 years old. They are inside cats during the day and go outdoors at night.
By the way, did you know that red female cats are very rare?!

Submitted by myriam_c

Seh's a Chartreux of 4 months old (she's driving me crazy) but well she's a kitten....

Submitted by : Anadayur

Here is another one, Thisa, when she was 2 1/2 years old with her friend the "coco"

Submitted by : Anadayur

Hello, A Stretch, or Good Bye

Please reply by hitting postcard for this letter and send my your opinion.

IS this a Wave or a Stretch?

If a wave, it is for hello, good bye, or answering the question: "Who wants food?"

Cat picture taken and submitted by

DanRM <DanRM@VirtualTourist.com>

BIG CAT

Here is the BIG CAT. He weighs 80 pounds.

Submitted by Ralph._Lucht

JINKS

Jinks is addicted to watching television. He's not really particular about what is on but he does enjoy Animal Planet!

Submitted by AdHocTravel

FELIX

Felix will be 13 this year. He can be a bit of a crank but he is a great cat and quite a talker.

Submitted by AdHocTravel

Sasha

I rescued from an abusive situation. On the first night, she hissed at everything including the shadows, probably from fear that somebody would hurt her. She never meowed and would only make a painful screeching sound. And every morning for the better part of the first year, she followed me to the food bowl to ensure that it would be filled and that she would have enough to eat. Today, she is a happy cat who meows and purrs, plays like normal indoor cats and rarely hisses. She's gained three pounds from eating healthy food and likes the other cat in the house so much that they actually groom each other. Cheers, SilverVelvet

Okay, tried to resist this discussion, but I'm going to show my two brats, I mean cats. They're Jasper, a Blue Point Siamese who's very fat, 15 pounds, and Chelsea, a black and white cat who thinks she's a princess. So spoiled. Indoor cats, both front declawed, wish I'd heard about this cap thing before.
Laura

Submitted by hayward68

If I'm not mistaken, the person who started this discussion is from Maine, I may be wrong on that, but whatever the case, this is one of our cats. Since we have been up here on Vancouver Island in Canada, ESCAPING from Southern California, we have usually had a minimum of 4 cats.. Presently we are down to three, they are all getting on in years, so are we.

Cats are terribly independent, yes, but they crave friendship and have a capacity for being wonderful companions. This cat (hope the picture opens) may be seen in my VICTORIA page, he's the star of the show. Unless he has jumped off the roof and gone over to another page, he is probably still sitting there just like below.

erikajj wanted to know how to get her picture into the discussion forum page. IF, and I say IF this picture of our huge (20 lbs) kitty transports all I did, erikajj or anyone else that wonders how it is done, download your picture, then right mouse to gain access to the PROPERTIES of the picture, PASTE those properties in the ENTER TEXT page of the Discussion Forum Reply, apply HTML symbols, img src="http://www............... and you should then get your picture to show up.

This is a MAINE COON CAT and where the name comes from, I don't know. They are always large, have long hair, probably are long-haired tabby cats, and have a tail that is ringed like a raccoon. SAMMY aka SAMMA JAMMA is the son of a huge neighbourhood Maine Coon cat who lives in a barn ~ so he is BARNEY who viciously raped our little tiny cat DINKY who was on death's doorstep when she gave birth to a collection of some of the most beautiful cats you've ever seen.

At the time, there was an epidemic of a cat virus, a real killer, going around. We kept Sammy and even took him down to California with us. Dinky survived and still looks great for a 17 year old cat. Sadly, Sammy has seizures now and again so requires phenobarb daily.

Submitted by pjallittle

Here's a pic of my Chinchilla cat, 'Johnson'. We got him from the Johnsons! He is a house cat that doesn't venture down the farm much. Very affectionate and mostly catches mice and pretty little birds that wouldn't even have any meat on them.
I look forward to seeing your cat page, keep us informed.

Pam.

Submitted by kiwi

Hello,my cat Felix is 8 months old and he is beautiful.I love him and he gives me back the love that i give him.

Submitted by rachel_sun

Poeke and Bietser

Submitted by sandravdp

April , 1986 - June, 2003

Henry C. Brookes, named in honor of King Henry VIII.

The "C" stands for Cat

Henry was a dear friend and member of our household. He received mail in his name, he has received a membership card for AARP and The Handyman Association of American.

A survivor of many confrontations with neighbor cats, a bout with cancer which was said to be terminal, and 3 years of medication for diabetes. Henry live a good full life in control of all of us.

Submitted by sbrookes

Travis C. Brookes joined the household after nearly reaching the maker. He was on death row at an animal hospital. Our son acquired Travis and when he had to move away to dental school arranged to have Travis move to Wilton, NH and become a member of our household.

Submitted by sbrookes

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

sbrookes Lives Here!

sbrookes

“Count your blessings.... get excited about what you are doing.”

Ranked Member