"2003 - Cancun - Blue Bay Club" Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Travelogue by Kaspian
Cancún Travel Guide: 2,009 reviews and 4,066 photos
I really enjoyed playing beach volleyball on this particular trip. After the first game I had bloody knees realized that diving for the ball wasn't such a great idea because the sand was so compacted on the court.
Everything was great fun playing with these people until a university girl's volleyball team showed up at the resort a few days later. They ruined it for everyone by being so serious and aggressive. Nobody wanted to play anymore. We'd try and sneak a game in here or there but they would spot us from the balcony, come running down from their rooms, join in, and make sure we knew who was really number one! What's wrong with people?
That's Paul doing the crazy body-spin for the ball.
I met this bloke, Paul, on the beach volleyball court. We ended up hangin' out the next few days and became buds.
Most of the British English at the Blue Bay (which accounted for 80% of the people there) were acting generally arrogant and snooty--striking up friendly conversations just to shoot me down.
This Scotsman wasn't like that at all, he said "Oh, them. My country's used to it. They always treat us like that... we're still the colonies in their minds."
Paul helped save the trip for me, if it wasn't for him and Ivan I would have had a very miserable time.
This photo is crazy bad, it's literally seconds before Paul ran to the bathroom to "hurl".
Look at how much blue is in this pic, from the pool, to the umbrellas, to the ocean! The Blue Bay isn't as "swanky" as many of the other resorts in Cancun, it used to fancier several years ago but these days needs a good scrubbing and a bit of a paint job. But I love it regardless. It's very laid back. None of the staff are rude, everybody's friendly, and it's small enough that you can really get to know people over the week. It only takes a few minutes to get anywhere in the resort (some resorts take 20 minutes to walk from your room to the dining hall-lousy when you forget something and have to go back). It also takes only seconds to get from anywhere in the place to the beach. It has a "homey" feel.
My mom got sick during our trip and spent most of the nights loudly coughing and moaning like a banshee. She hardly left the room at all. The only sleep I could get was on the floor of the balcony or a few minutes on the beach. That's why I look so bagged in this photo, surrounded by babes and more tired that when I left for my vacation.
Stacy and Debbie both worked at the hotel.
- See All Wicked Sense of Humour
- See All Dolphin Express: Dolphins, Snorkel, &...
- See All Hurricanes: Get Out Now!
- See All Use Pesos to Support the Economy
- See All Cost of Taxis
Kaspian's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 29 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 61 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 29 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tombstone Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- North Bay Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues