"What kept me busy again?the Summer of Meetings" Personal Page by irisbe
On Tuesday Diamonddog got a phonecall from his brother if we would be interested in 2 free cards for the performance of El Tattoo del Tigre. Wowww! I have been wanting to see this group already a couple of times but seemly always had missed it so yes!
The weather was accustomed to the tropical notes of salsa, and other cuban notes.
The group is really fantastic and I can only recomend everyone to go see them if you have the chance!
The ambiance was nice although selling cuban cigares resulted in a very smokey area, even if it was an open air festival.
For those who were thirsty there were mojito's and other coctails to taste, for those who were hungry all kinds of snacks were available.
I kept it to an orangejuice as I had promised myself to keep of any drink during weekdays. All those meetings gave me lots of new friends but also kilo's!
The Deurne Rivierenhof open air theatre is wonderful with good Summer weather and you can attend many performances there during this season.
If you want to see a few more pictures, please visit the fotki album.
It was so kind of Ali and Co (Sachara and Co48) to host us during our stay of the weekend of the Full Colour festival.
We arrived on Saturday and Ali took us for a little walk in the city.
We ended up at a terras with a beer and after the refreshment we went for a visit to the zoo. It was a nice zoo and we were lucky: not too many people around yet.
Later on Jasen71, who we first met in Maastricht, joined us.
The day ended in a nice restaurant and pub and we agreed to meet again next day.
Sunday morning we have been offered a marvelous breadfast in the garden (with tropical souns of the zoo behind the trees).
Afterwards we went for a walk to discover those huge Hunnebedden (graves).
Walking back we met up with Jasen71 in the city again and headed towards our next meeting point: cafee de la gare, where imaniac (roy) would be coming too.
When we were all united with a drink, we headed into the city, sibbing the turkish thee, nibbling the turkish pancakes, listening to exotic singing and music.
It was a great meeting day and I think it is worth a trip to Emmen :)
Thanks again Ali & Co for being such a nice host and hugs to the cats.
View more pictures at the Saturday album
or at the Full Colour Festival album.
What a bunch again! The bi-annual VT meeting in Maastricht was well organized by Imaniac Roy.
Explanation of the picture from top left to bottom right:
1. Dinner with the whole group and make sure Brandon is eating!
2. From the first step you take in the city, be sure paperassi are waiting for you!
3. Mandatory litterature: the beer list
4 and 5. Make contact with the locals and try not to scare them away
6. Be sure you are with the right group and don't mix up with another travel website group!~
7. Make sure you can sit all together
8. If you fair to get lost in the crowd, give hands `-)
9. Some one has to pay for this! Ah Pieter_Jan volunteered, that is nice! and despite the high bill, keep on smiling Swanet `-)
More pictures to enjoy at the Fotki album!
On 20th of August Oleg (Alexprofi) was traveling through Europe again.
As last year, the tour organisers made a stop in Antwerp to put them into a hotel but.... you don't go to bed when you have friends in Antwerp.
At 10 pm Oleg called us to tell us he arrived and Diamonddog and me went to this hotel, had drinks and snacks and exchanged gifts.
When this ceremony was done we took him out into the city.
A couple of beers and more beers and even some dancing.
Not suprising I got to bed after 4 am in the morning!
More pictures at the Fotki album.
.On Friday 19th Nathalie (Nathalie_b @ VT) came down to Antwerp to be a last time with her Belgian friends before she relocates back to Israel after a stay of several years in Breda as a student.
Eddy and Peter came early but left before I arried (what a pity!). Els and Norali started the afternoon a little more early with Nath at Het Pakhuis.
Around 7 pm we all dropped in at Celtic Ireland for the best Guiness in Antwerp and some good dinner.
Diamonddog Rudy, Caroline, Jeanne-Marie and Allain (the raheni's) and having her b-day Myriam joined us there.
Later on Maurice dropped by after his late working shift for a drink.
It was a nice meeting although we were a little saddened because of the reason to meet. Will miss you crazy Nathalie! `-)
so will the cats!
Thank you Raheni's for bringing us home safe!
MORE!!! crazy pictures at the the fotki album! Enjoy!
Our lovely friends Jeanne-Marie & Allain (Raheni) had opened their garden again for a great reunion of VT friends, of their family visiting from Paris and of their friends and neighbours.
They arranged a terrific evening with drinks and bbq. Who joined us from VT were at the bbq baking Rudy (Diamonddog); at the tasting Caroline (B_Caro); Tom & Gonnie (Tompt); me your humble reporter, and even Myriam (Myriam_c) and Maurice dropped by.
We saw friends from earlier occasions again, as Michel and Alicja and Solange and Peter. We had to miss Dieter and our thoughts are with him going through hard times.
We also met with Allain's family visiting from Paris, his brother; sister in law and 2 sweet nieces not to forget their own two kids.
Thanks folks, all of you, for such a wonderful welcoming and evening!
Visit the wonderful pictures of a lovely evening on the fotki album.
It was a small meeting that day in Mons but a real nice one!
I have never visited Mons before (I know ! shame on me) but well I made it up that day.
Although the nice company of Melissa and Ijazz and the pouring rain, prevented me to see all of Mons :)
Time flies fast when you are with nice friends, especially with friends and a drink and a snack :) and a lot of chit chatting.
Thanks Melissa and maybe I do have to visit a second time :)
p.s. Thank you Ijazz for almost risking your life taking that picture of the church half bending over the fence :)
Who said you cannot take nice pictures?
More pictures at my Fokti photo album.
On 7th of August it was a chilly but finally dry day, one of the very few we had this Summer.
We took the opportunity for a healthy walk on the beach.
In Knokke Heist you have every year the international kite festival.
I just don't know if we came too late or too early. We saw some funny ones but not so many.
There where lots of other things to do e.g. beach volleyball and beach surfing and many more.
If I would have been blindfolded and not knowing I was in Flanders, I would have swore I was on a French beach, because that was the language I heard everywhere.
It feels kind of funny when you feel abroad in your own country.
More pictures of the day at the Fotki album.
More Personal Pages (4)
Written Mar 24, 2007
meeting friends, meetings & visitors (in update)
Written Dec 7, 2005
What fun stuf kept me busy lately?!
Written Sep 12, 2004
me's :-) and personalities test results!
Written Sep 3, 2007
let there be love, let there be peace
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,372 Reviews
- 4,269 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 55 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Posted in Travel Antwerp Forum "Re: what is a "
- irisbe and PRINCIPEDIMEDICI are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Museum night"
- Commented on TruPakistani's profile page
- created a Turnhout Travel Page "Turnhout, worth a visit"
updated their Profile Page "New updates? Yes I have added a few!"
- Uploaded a Video to World
- Wrote a Review Photo shooting of people in Lucknow Local Customs
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 194 reviews, 832 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 151 reviews, 408 photos, 11 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 72 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 75 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Laeken Intro, 66 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 76 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mortsel Intro, 34 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 18 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos