"Austria - The Best Of ......" Personal Page by timtrina
I had been so excited to visit Salzburg - the home of Mozart (at least until he was in his 20's). It was such a beautiful little town, and we discovered what we believe is Europe's best best beer - Stiegl!!! It took quite a few hours to drive from Lucerne to Salzburg - it was dark when we arrived. The place was totally crowded with cars and people everywhere. It was festival time - perfect timing for us - just before Christmas! Our hotel was well within walking distance of the old town / Fortress, and we were always lucky enough to get a carpark outside our hotel each day after our sightseeing. 1 week was probably enough to see all we wanted to see - at least we didn't feel rushed to try to cram in too much.
The parks in Salzburg were beautiful - very, very clean and totally relaxing to walk through (apart from the icy wind that seemed to just rip through your jeans) Brrrrr!
This statue was incredible - it was just that massive, we had to get a photo of Imogen standing in front of it to show it's actual size. She was quite scared, and once we took the photo, she ran over to us.
This photo was taken of the ice-skating rink they were setting up a couple of days into our stay in Salzburg. The Christmas markets were booming, everyone was happy drinking Punsch (takes a while to get used to), and the children were skating around laughing. It was a truly 'CHRISTMAS' atmosphere.
During our stay in Salzburg, we visited Germany (Bavaria) - which is a separate "Best Of" album.
This photo was taken the day we drove to Vienna from Salzburg. The fog was absolutely shocking - we could hardly see anything in front of us.
One of the worst trips ever.....
We found Vienna very cold and miserable. The plan was for a Vienna Christmas - and yes it did snow, but it was foggy all day, everyday. It wasn't as great as we thought it would be.
Hofburg Palace is situated right in the centre of town. We stayed very close to Schonbrunn Palace, which is probably 10 minutes by car to the city centre.
We visited the Christmas markets located at Town Hall, and the Christmas lights were truly beautiful. It was a wonderland for Imogen - she had a terrific time.
Only a couple of minutes walk away, Schonbrunn Palace was magnificent. The Christmas markets there were lovely, and "Last Christmas" by Wham! was playing over the loud speaker - very festive indeed! All of the fountains were totally iced up - something we'd never seen before!
I took this photo of the Polar Bears in the Schonbrunn Palace Zoo - Tiergarten. It is my favourite animal photo I've taken to date. They were certainly 'at home' in this environment - that's for sure!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 200 Reviews
- 393 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- timtrina and andreavienna are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Gold Coast Forum "RE: Gold Coast, here I come"
- Commented on one of Maximilian21's France travel pages
- Wrote a Review Official Massa Marittima Website in Massa Marittima Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walking down to Notre Dame...."
- created a Chambord Travel Page "Chambord"
created their Personal Page "Italy - The Best Of ......."
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gold Coast Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portovenere Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 27 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massa Marittima Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dijon Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos