"Food, Glorious Food!" Bologna Travelogue by mariocibelli
Bologna Travel Guide: 1,163 reviews and 3,493 photos
You could either be killed by being run over by one of these parmaesan wheels (parmigiano dammit!!!) or you could, with a couple of bottles of wine, just eat yourself to death...In any event, it is quite good, and my uncle used to try and convince people it had far less calories and fat than mozzarella as it is a dry cheese, (yeah, and it was the tooth fairy that left 20,000 Lira under my pillow for that molar last week)...
This is to a vegetarian, even a Vegan what the apple was to old Eve. I keep telling myslef, it is just dead flesh, etc... Does not make it easier...
Against all decency and humanity, unsuspecting pedestrians must walk past shops with windows teaming with terrible home made pasta!!
Could that be fresh mozzarella?
Get it away from me before I have an attack or draw a gun and do myself in...
And what does one do with it?
No, these were not props for the fridge scene from 9 1/2 Weeks.
Candied fruit is used in many regional dishes but had limited appeal to many Italian pallettes of today.
For example, Mostarda is a type of candied fruit in syrup (sweet and piccante) that is eaten with lovely (not that I think it is still lovely) boild meats...
Many people find it gross, I mean Chinese restaurants here do not do big business with sweet and sour dishes...
mariocibelli's Related Pages
Bologna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOLOGNA - "La Turrita""
- "My way to stay in Bologna!"
- "Bologna – Eat, look up, marvel, eat and savour"
- "City of towers and arcades."
- "Bologna - Capital of Emilia-Romagna"
- "Bologna - The Red City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bologna
- Hotels in Bologna
- Transportation in Bologna
- Nightlife in Bologna
- Restaurants in Bologna
- Shopping in Bologna
- Warnings and Dangers in Bologna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bologna
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bologna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bologna
- Posted in Travel Tehran Forum "from downtown to Shemran"
- Commented on one of mapakettle's Bologna travel pages
- Wrote a Review Museo Civico - Medieval Collection about Civic Archeological Museum in Bologna Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Museo Civico - Medieval Collection"
- updated a Bologna Travelogue "Food, Glorious Food!"
Photos in BolognaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 44 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 67 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 39 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amritsar Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 19 reviews, 8 photos
- Mostar Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue