"Volenteers" Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Travelogue by illa
Bhutan Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 802 photos
There is a pass not far from the capital city Thimphu. The government decided to construct 108 pagodas on the pass. The king calles on his people to come to do volenteering work.
We happened to pass the pass on a Sunday, so we had a good opportunity to see how people answered His Majesty's appeal. It was a heavy foggy day. Hundreds and thousands of men and women, the old and the young, travelled by their own means to the site and were working happily.
More Travelogues (2)
Written Oct 28, 2004
Road Story in Bhutan 1
Written Sep 8, 2005
Road Story in Bhutan 2
- What to Buy in Bhutan
- See All Turning and Turning
- Visit a Local Bar
- See All Sorry I Can't Help Adding One More...
illa's Related Pages
Bhutan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Falling in love with a country"
- "BHUTAN - the last true illusion of the Himalaya"
- "Land of the Thunder Dragon"
- "Into the Last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom"
- "Another world"
- "Bhutan Trip"
- "A TRIP TO SHANGRI-LA*** BHUTAN, THE DRAGON KINGDOM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bhutan
- Hotels in Bhutan
- Transportation in Bhutan
- Nightlife in Bhutan
- Restaurants in Bhutan
- Shopping in Bhutan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bhutan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bhutan
- 52 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bhutan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bhutan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montana Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Inle Lake Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Paro Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trinidad Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhaktapur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cuba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues