"Larry and Steph's VT Meeting and Tattoo Event" Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Travelogue by littlesam1
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,262 reviews and 3,630 photos
It all started with a question in the Miscellaneous Forum. It was a slow day in the forums and I was looking for a topic to start some conversation with some of my VT friends. So I posted a forum asking for advice. Should I get a tattoo?Please convince me or talk me out of it. And I received lots of responses. It was a very active forum with lots of supporting friends both encouraging me and many discouraging me from getting a tatoo. Enter my good friend Stephanie. She was planning a trip to Baltimore in August. We had talked about meeting while she was here. Steph already has two tattoo's and was considering a third. So it was decided. Our very first time to actually meet in person would be at The Baltimore Tattoo Museum and we would get tattoo's together.
Needless to say this caused lots of jokes and conversations with our VT friends over the coming weeks. Would we really go through with it? What kind of tattoo's will you be getting? Are you both crazy?
So here we are standing in front of the door of The Baltimore Tattoo Museum.
Stephanie brought two friends with her and I had a friend with me also along for the trip. We walked through the museum which was a very friendly place. The staff were all fun and made us comfortable. The museum itself was very interesting. There are historical pictures of tattoo's from the past on display and lots of information about the art of tattooing.
I had been searching the internet for tattoo examples for weeks before the event trying to decide what I wanted done. I saw many huge designs which I really liked but was a little apprehensive about them for a first tattoo. I was not sure if it would be painful or how much it would cost for a large tattoo.
If you have read any of my other VT pages you will know that I collect toy turtles and pictures of turtles when travel. So I found a perfect tattoo. It was a tribal design tattoo in the shape of a turtle. I printed the page out and took it with me to the museum. When we were looking through the samples the musuem had on display I found the exact tattoo I had downloaded amoung the museums samples. So it was definate. The tribal turtle would now become a permanent part of me.
Here I am with the tattoo artist from the museum after the tattoo was finished. He was very friendly and made the experience lots of fun. Did it hurt? No. I was very surprised. It was just like a little tickleing or buzzing on my back. I had expected it to hurt a little. So I was glad it didn't. They say tattooing can be addicting. And I have to admit that I was already thinking about what I might get done next while I was getting this one finished.
One request. No jokes about the pale pasty looking back. LOL.
The museum was very open and friendly. People can stop by and watch you getting your tattoo done. We had our friends with us who all watched and made comments while we were getting our tattoo's done. They were also taking many pictures. So it was a real fun event. And what would a VT meeting be without camera's.
My tattoo was finished. I was patched up with a bandage and had my shirt back on. So now it was Stephs turn. Here she is with our artist getting started on here tattoo. I was fortunate to have mine done on my back so I did not have to watch. I think I might have thought it a little more painful if I had to watch. Steph bravely closes her eyes here as he begins to draw the picture. I would have done the same.
Here is Steph's finished tattoo. Its a shooting star. It has a special meaning to her. Its a copy from a design from an artist she admired when she had a trip to Spain several years ago. So its appropriate that it was part of a VT meeting.
It was such a great time meeting Steph for the first time and her two friends also. Steph and I had become instant friends here in VT after meeting in the forums. Meeting in person was just as much fun. We had been talking about meeting for many weeks. We decided on the tattoo's and also on going to Crabby Dick's Pub in Fells Point afterwards.
If you click on the picture and enlarge it you will notice several things. First notice the badage on Steph's wrist. This is from her tattoo. Secondly notice the large emtpy beer mugs on the table. Its obvious we had a great time.
Perhaps we should make this an annual event and invite some other VTer's to join us next year. Anyone ready for a tattoo?
- See All The Hiker - Spanish American War...
- See All Lots to love and no regrets
- My favorite bar in Baltimore
- See All Morris A. Mechanic Theater - Baltimore's...
littlesam1's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "THE VT INVASION OF BALTIMORE - YIKES!"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 59 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 175 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
- updated a Baltimore Travelogue "Larry and Steph's VT Meeting and Tattoo Event"
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Christmas season in Prague and..."
- Wrote a Review The Hiker - Spanish American War Memorial in Baltimore Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Hiker - Spanish American War Memorial"
- Commented on one of littlesam1's Baltimore travel pages
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (149)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 59 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Buenos Aires Intro, 23 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mürren Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues