"Mari Makan "Let's eat!"" Personal Page by Wild_Orchid
Nothing quite like enjoying a home cooked meal with the extended family. This picture was taken when we visited my uncle (standing) in Sydney a couple of years ago. My mum is in green and my sister in white.
Fortunately this festival comes only once a year. Laden with sugar and oil, and traditionally filled with lotus paste, red-bean or yam, these newer fruit-flavoured moon cakes are even sweeter, more delicious and delicate (did I mention sweet) than ever before? Goes down well with a few cups of freshfly brewed Chinese Tea.
I noticed that this year the packaging was even more attractive than in the previous years. Oh, dear, even looking at the picture is making my mouth water!
The notorious street of Jalan Alor near Jalan Bukit Bintang is a hotbed of activity. The stalls here are interesting and frequented by visitors and locals alike.
The restaurant featured in the photo "Golden Egg Noodle" sells more than just noodles. Everything here is pretty tasty but my visitors from Sydney really enjoyed the fried oysters with egg, grilled fish and hokkien fried noodles. The ice-kacang was also delicious.
Prices are not too touristy. RM10 -15 per head would be plenty.
At around midnight, you will find even more interesting creatures of the night, on this street because this is part of KL's red-light district! Otherwise, take a short walk further up to Jalan Bukit Bintang and enjoy the shopping malls of Sg Wang Plaza, Lot 10 and Bukit Bintang Plaza.
Tips for tourist: Notorious surely, but still safe. Don't worry!
Enjoy delicious char kway teow at a hawker stall. White rice noodles hot-woked with garlic, some small shrimps and pieces of chinese sausages, a touch of chili and garnished with crisp, fresh bean sprouts. Cockles are optional.
Fresh fruit juices - ask for a "double" with ice, but no sugar. Only RM3.00 per mug at your corner coffee shop.
on the left, was orange with apple, and on the right was carrot with apple
Superb, inexpensive seafood can be found at Pulau Carey, on the road leading to Banting and Morib. I shall be writing a restaurant tip, complete with driving tips on my Negeri Selangor page. If you'd like to take a drive on a lazy Sunday with the kids, why not try this restaurant?
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 594 Reviews
- 1,141 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
- Wild_Orchid and janetanne are now friends.
- Commented on one of vinc_bilb's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- updated a Negeri Selangor Travel Page "Full of good places to visit for a day's outing"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Full of good places to visit for a day's outing"
updated their Profile Page "a Voyage of Discovery, and seeing with new eyes"
- Wrote a Review Nice Thai food in Phuket Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos