"VT Meeting Aug 2004" Whangamata Travelogue by kiwi

Whangamata Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 50 photos

VT meeting Whangamata

We decided to meet while the LA meeting was on.
Here you see from left to right: worldkiwi (Glenn); kiwigal_1 (Rhianon); kiwi (Pam); allikat (Allison); cabernetman (Ken).
This group of keen VTers is getting to meet more often and that's fun, sort of like a special family. This was an overnight stop at the beach some stayed some returned to their homes. Well the amenities as kinda 70's - ish, or more correctly probably 50's -ish!! So I was showing off the multimedia equipment for our music, valves and all, they take a while to warm up! Not exactly a Sony Walkman, besides we couldn't find where to put the cd's in!! But hey, it works!!

Unusual behaviour again!

It was seen on the streets, the very same weekend as our VT meeting, this unusual behaviour of people taking photos of shop frontages, and of shop signs. People watched on in wonderment.....
And then I photographed the photographers, to add to the confusion!!

From the high point across the harbour entrance.

We were pleased that we bothered to drive over to the high point to view Whangamata as the scene was so beautiful. Lucky for us the forestry road gate was open and the road had been rerocked for us to drive up. Not recommended for small cars with small wheels though!

Can't keep away from the beach even in Winter...

I'm still wondering what it was she was pointing at.

VT friends

Just to show I was actually there, here is a snap of me and allikat, up on the lookout point.

• Page Updated Jan 18, 2008

Comments

kiwi Visits Here Frequently!

kiwi

“Travel is the world's best education.”

Badges & Stats in Whangamata

Have you been to Whangamata?

Latest Activity in Whangamata