"CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN PILOTS AND CONTROL TOWER" Personal Page by terps94
1)Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"
2) A student became lost during a solo cross-country flight.
While attempting to locate the aircraft on radar, ATC asked, "What was your last known position?"
Student: "When I was number one for takeoff."
Taxiing down the tarmac, a DC-10 abruptly stopped, turned around and
returned to the gate.
After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.
A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What exactly, was the problem?"
"The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the flight attendant. "It just took us a little while to find a new pilot."
4) " TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 degrees."
"Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"
"Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
There's a story about the military pilot calling for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked."
Air Traffic Control told the fighter jock that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down.
"Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach."
O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."
United 239: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this ..... I've got the little Fokker in sight."
In another famous SR-71 story, Los Angeles Center reported receiving a request for clearance to FL 60 (60,000ft).
The incredulous controller, with some disdain in his voice, asked, "How do you plan to get up to 60,000 feet?"
"The pilot (obviously a sled driver), responded, "We don't plan to go up to it, we plan to go down to it."
He was cleared
6) A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll-out after touching down.
San Jose Tower noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.
If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."
7) Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"
Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure.
By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."
Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"
Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern .... we've already notified our caterers."
8) While taxiing at London's Gatwick Airport, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727.
An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming:
"US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta!
Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!"
Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew,she was now shouting hysterically:
"God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and do not move until I tell you to!
You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you and how I tell you!
You got that, US Air 2771?"
"Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded.
Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771.
Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind.
Tension in every cockpit around Gatwick was definitely running high.
Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking:
"Wasn't I married to you once?"
9) One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short ofthe active runway while a DC-8 landed.
The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee.
Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?
The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with a real zinger:
"I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have enough parts for another one."
More Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 265 Reviews
- 832 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "anybody up for meet"
updated their Profile Page "LIFE OF A NOMAD"
- terps94 and Kentbein are now friends.
- created a South Korea Travel Page "A fascinating place of history and the food is goo"
- Commented on loisl's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Philippine vt meet in january..."
- Wrote a Review Enjoying a pint after shredding some snow in Squaw Valley Restaurants
PhotosSee All Photos (832)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okinawa Intro, 29 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Diego Garcia Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 6 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Djibouti Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Misawa Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos