"Reaching Iceland..." Iceland Travelogue by coceng
Iceland Travel Guide: 5,492 reviews and 16,230 photos
I flew with Iceland Express !
A friend booked for me the ticket on the Net, months ahead.
The flight was from Stansted Airport; Delayed for half an hour. Computer/technical problems, as always.
Just imagine that I was still queueing for check-in when the announcement about the last call for the flight was blasting from the airport speakers !
Running for the security checks, then running to the boarding room & voila ! I was inside the plane !
Glancing outside, I saw this EasyJet plane. I guess Stansted Airport is popular with cheap airlines that all of us would love ! That would bring us to destinations that we wouldn't think of...
I looked around me; Most people were gearing for their Icelandic trips because the clothes that they wore telling me that they would be doing some serious hikings !
me, just a simple clothes, NOT even a hiking boot !
Anyway, off I went up the sky ! It was a smooth flight. Took 2 hours & 50 minutes to reach Keflavik Airport in Iceland.
The flight was half full. I had 3 seats to myself so easy for me to lie myself, pretending to sleeping in the flight.
Looking out the window, I didn't know where I was; Could be in Ireland...Could be Scotland...but the feeling was great anyway.
The stewardess came seeling meals; Too expensive for me !
After that, they started selling cheap things which were normally expensive in Iceland like perfumes, wines & such like...
I just rested myself, empty stomach...looking out the window.
It's good that I had a digital camera because I could capture many sights outside the plane window, which I couldn't do with my cheap camera....
Now, this photo was taken when we were on Icelandic sky !
Wow ! Look at that brown larva lands !
Even the sky looked pretty weird...
Dark sky, then we could see some lights on the horizon, some mountains. Scenic to the bone for me !
Now, we could see some green lands. Beautiful ! So satisfying being able to capture these for me to remember the moments ! Sharing them with you guys is a bonus indeed.
Now, we were nearly touched down...
I felt so good ! It was nearly over, the flying journey. I hate flying, almost everybody knows that I guess.
In my head at that moment, I was thinking what could Iceland offer me ? What sights would I love most ? Are the people nice ?
Anyway, Iceland is 1 hour late than the time in London.
Then, I was thinking about Siggi ! this guy had planned with me for 7 to 8 months for my Icelandic trip. Would he wait for me at the airport ? He said he would. What if he didn't, where would I go ? What's he like ? Would he really help me with my camping gears ? He said he would lend me some things, a tent maybe...
Continue with my story at Keflavik Airport...
More Travelogues (2)
Written Jan 26, 2005
Written Jun 17, 2005
MY ITINERARIES FOR EURO TRIP 2004 !
coceng's Related Pages
Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICELAND - THE LAND OF ICE AND FIRE."
- "From Seyðisfjörður to Seyðisfjörður"
- "Incredible ICELAND"
- "A land of Fire, water and ice!"
- "Surprising Iceland!"
- "Iceland: small wonder!"
- "a childhood dream come true at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iceland
- Hotels in Iceland
- Transportation in Iceland
- Nightlife in Iceland
- Restaurants in Iceland
- Shopping in Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in Iceland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Baguio Hotels
- Anastasia Island Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Puerto Peñasco Hotels
- Narragansett Beach Hotels
- New Vrindaban Hotels
- Pigeon Forge Hotels
- Mughal Sarai Hotels
- Lough Key Forest Park Hotels
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- Table Rock State Park Hotels
- Destin Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
- Lake Simcoe Hotels
Badges & Stats in Iceland
- 417 Reviews
- 536 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iceland
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: 4-5 days in Greece..."
- Commented on one of agapotravel's Iceland travel pages
- updated a Iceland Travel Page "Land Of The Dried Larvas & The Vikings !"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MY ITINERARIES FOR EURO TRIP 2004 !"
- Wrote a Review Expect The Unexpected... in Iceland Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 156 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 129 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves Intro, 119 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baalbeck Intro, 89 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tripoli Intro, 92 reviews, 96 photos
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Apamea Intro, 74 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Iceland Intro, 67 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 54 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Top Iceland hotels
- Reykjavík Hotels
- 892 Reviews - 2991 Photos
- Höfn Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 164 Photos
- Þingvellir Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Stafafell Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hellnar Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Vík Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Vík í Mýrdal Hotels
- 76 Reviews - 186 Photos
- Vestmannaeyjar Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Stykkishólmur Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Skaftafell Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 171 Photos
- Selfoss Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Sauðárkrókur Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Reykholt Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Mÿvatn Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 373 Photos
- Laugarvatn Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 11 Photos