"WARNINGS AND DANGER: Tokyo VT Meetings!!" Tokyo Travelogue by Geisha_Girl

Tokyo Travel Guide: 4,100 reviews and 10,126 photos

You need the strength of a SAMURAI WARRIOR!

I had been to Tokyo several times in the past, both for business and for holiday. The visit in May 2004 was the first time I had returned to Edo since joining VT.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several Tokyo VTers both virtually and in reality, and knowing that I was visiting Tokyo once more with a party planned upon arrival was pure delight!

After a long flight from Paris, my "Partner in Decadence," Christian Lafont, and I had arrived into Tokyo jetlagged but ready to celebrate!

Weeks of planning (and a couple of DELETED forum discussions) took place by VT's HOTTEST Japazuelan, ManuelEB, for what turned out to be one of the most outrageous VT meetings I've experienced thus far.

When Manuel says, "Shortest VT Meeting"..... don't believe him !!!!!!!

From 7pm to 7am....there we were. I'm not kidding when I say that I was literally crawling my way back to our Ryokan.

You didn't tell me NOT to wear the Hoochie-Mama shoes, M !!!!!

Muchas Domo Arigato to our VT friends from Tokyo who came out and made our 3 nights in Tokyo such a memorable experience!

ManuelEB
JoannaMoon
RoseAmano (and Junichi)
Laughingbuddha

A Geisha in Tokyo

It was a pleasure to show this "Tokyo Virgin" the Land of Edo, through the **Eyes of a Geisha**

Show us the way, M!!

After meeting part of the group in front of the landmark Sony Building in Ginza, Manuel leads us to the "Proletarian hangout," the backstreet alleys under the railroad - Yurakucho's Izakaya. He led, we followed diligently because we knew we were being led straight to the SAKE !!!!!!!

See??? SAKE !!!

Manuel does not disappoint!

Christian shows the smile of another satisfied customer!

A nibble here, a nibble there.......

MC, Manuel, Tammy and I enjoy the appetizers and the lively, packed house.

Just a prelude to the looooooong night ahead.

Toro! Toro! Toroto Tammy!

To continue the tradition, postcards were signed for our VT pals....here I am sorting through the cards while Tammy flashest the CUTEST smile! ;-))

Moment of Reflection

Satoshi, Rose, Junichi, and Morii take a moment here to reflect on who was going to eat that last bit of sashimi. ;-)

Hey, what'd I miss???

There was obviously some funny business taking place while I was sorting through the postcards. Something that made Morii burst out in the most delightful laughter!

What did you say to him Satoshi??

• Page Updated Jul 11, 2004

Comments

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Tokyo