"From Tilburg to Amsterdam" Personal Page by RPW
This is a picture of myself with two of my old friends, the one nearest to me is Wieneke from Tilburg - a real Dutch girl, and the other girl is American, she is Liliana, who was working with us in Tilburg at Acer Computer Systems. This was one of the best periods in my life, socially and on a work basis. I was extremely happy and was living life to the full, this picture was taken on a Friday night in one of my favourite cafe's in Tilburg. It was only a small cafe but very friendly and we all had great times there
This is a crowd of some of the people I socilaised with in Tilburg, there are Dutch people there, Scots people and Americans
Being a Celtic Fan I was absolutely delighted when we were drawn against the mighty Ajax in 1999, although I was staying in Tilburg this was as close to a home game as I was going to get. One of the best guys that you could ever meet Big Phil accompanied me up to Amsterdam for the game, we actually had Celtic end tickets but gave them away and sat amongst the Ajax fans, we had a great time, winning certainly helped that !
After the game that night we partied long in to the night, actually we were just waiting until the first train home the next morning that would take us back to Tilburg. This is Phil with a guy who looked like Martin O'Neil, the celtic manager - actually now that I am sober, he does'nt look like him at all.
When you go to Amsterdam, along with ten thousand others, it's inevitable that you will end up in the Red Light Area, this is Phil and myself in that very place before the game, please don't ask what the thing is in the background, and no it's got no meaning as it is above my head.
This is the calm before the storm, I cannot actually remember this getting taken, purely because there is no body else about, I am sure we only went to the Stadium about half an hour before the game and it was packed - so where are everyone else, maybe we sneaked there in the morning before we started on our tour of the Amsterdam cafe's ?? Anyone that knows something please get back to me.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 41 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Glasgow Forum "Re: Tenement, Transport museums,..."
- RPW and minxy77 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Indoor Skateboard Park in County Donegal Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Indoor Skateboard Park"
- Commented on joyceongck's profile page
updated their Profile Page "The Life and Times of RPW"
- created a Stirling Travel Page "Stirling Castle"
Top 10 Pages
- Glasgow Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Tilburg Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- County Donegal Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Oxford Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Brussels Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paphos Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Aberdeen Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos