"Extra-curricular Activities" Personal Page by crazy_vietgirl2
I got dirtbike (88 or 89 Honda CR80)about 2 years ago. I can barely ride a bicycle so I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to take on dirtbiking. A death wish maybe? I just got tried of going to the dirtpit to watch the guys have fun riding their bikes while all the girls sat and watched. How fair is that? There are a lot of males in my family so I do have a tomboy side.
I call it riding "ghetto style"because I don't wear(more like don't have) all the gears like the true bikers do. I have my helmet and my bike. I haven't gone riding a lot so I'm still at the learning stage...so I guess you know how I got the nick name "one gear wonder".I still haven't mastered the art of changing gears. Sad eh? I know. I know. Hey it looks easier then it actually is. I"m definitely getting a chest protector and boots. Maybe that will help with my riding since I won't be afraid to fly over the handlebars. Then I can work on my favourite trick..THE STRIPPER!! I know but a girl can dream right?
I"ve just learned to swim last year and so I try to go swimming as much and whenever I can. I"m not a great swimmer or even a graceful one at that, but I can stay afloat and move around (kinda). Not bad for someone who has been afraid of the water until last year.
The history behind my fear of the water? I'm not sure if this is the true reason but it is the only thing I can think of...my family left Vietnam on a boat to Malaysia before we flew to Canada. The boat (a small fishing boat that would usually fit 50) was cramped with 80 people (to the best of my memory). The ordeal for us to get on the boat and live on the boat was horrific. I remember bodies being dumped in the ocean every few days because people were dying. The two constant sounds were the waves beating against the boat and people crying...men,women and children all alike. I guess I associate water with death and this kept me from learning how to swim and like the water. I finally decided to confront my fear last year and took swimming lessons. I was tired of being afraid but I was mostly tired of being the one stuck taking care of everyone's purses and wallets while they went out and had fun swimming.
My first real experience with swimming was at Stave Lake where my friends and I took the canoe out to a cliff. What happened next I"m sure you can guess. I know I"m crazy but I did it! I jumped off the cliff (a pretty high one too). Will I do it again? Probably not. Was it worth it? Yes definitely! I looked fear right in the eye and said "kiss my little yellow butt"!
* Picture was taken at the Falls (can't remember the name right now)in the Comox Valley on July26/04
This is a picture that was taken inside the girl's bathroom at Mike's Tavern (downtown) on June 4th just when we were getting ready to leave. This is after a night of head-banging, body shaking (a.k.a dancing) and heavy drinking. There's nothing glamorous about the picture so please be nice. My friends and I like to listen to live music and support the "little guys". Sometimes the music is too hard core for me but it's always nice to go out and have fun even if I don't understand a single word the lead singer is saying or screaming....you just go with the flow and nod your head to the music and try to look cool. On this night, a close friend was playing a show here. The name of the band is call BURN THE 8 TRACK .If you ask me to describe the music I would have to say it is a mix of punk,rock and metal. It was an awesome show!! They just released THE OCEAN CD on June 1st across Canada, US and Europe. Be sure to get one...it is an awesome CD!!! I like all the songs on the CD but I would have to say "WHEN HOPE BECOMES DENIAL" is my favourite. You can check them out at %www.burnthe8track.com
Support the little people... go out and watch a live show at a small venue. There's no better way to enjoy live music, drink and go crazy!
TEXT TO COME....
More Personal Pages (2)
Written Aug 13, 2004
Written Jan 10, 2005
Most recent trip- BIG WHITE-Kelwona BC
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 17 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- crazy_vietgirl2 and myrtle are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Seattle Forum "girls night out"
- Commented on BlaTboy's profile page
updated their Profile Page "MAKE YOUR LIFE A MISSION -not an intermission"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Extra-curricular Activities"
- Wrote a Review What's playing on the Radio? in Vancouver Favorites
- updated a Vancouver Travel Page "VANCOUVER, BEAUTIFUL BRITISH COLUMBIA"
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kamloops Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hornby Island Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Comox Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Strasbourg Intro, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos