"More VT meetings" Personal Page by Dabs
Sam (sambarnett), Dave (dlandt), Robert (rmdw), Julie (travelmad478), Dave (Tiganesca), Chet (yooperprof), Martin (mjb123), Jane (lbjs), Sakshi (saks_b), Dee (deecat), Katja (pedersdottir), Mehmet (mehbos37), Lisa (shekaago), Erik (erik707), Lisa (Liestef), Erika (erikatheskysailor), Ron (RonDace), Noreen (girlswithcurlsrock), Brad (bradbrown), Jack (hyperman74), Jill (jillzi), Melina (travelwithmely), Nick (grkboiler), Patrick (Peter26.2), Tanya (kipish), Nancy (funnybeee), Sally (shrimp56), Roy (Imaniac), Kevin (itsfunhavingfun), Dave (dswede), Charles (cwhit21), Steve (spgood301), Marie (Marisola), Kenneth (braveheart.southafrr), Mary (beatchick), Katherine (callavetta)
Marianna (Lalique), Anna (Anya_D)
In Bloomington, IN
In Washington DC
Urzsula (matcrazy0), Matt (Matcrazy1), Nat (b1bob), Chris (Balfor), Kathy (kodi01), Kent (kentbein), Tania (skye820)
In New York City
Jon (jglsongs), Mark (acemj), Chris (cjg1) and a repeat visit with Julie (travelmad478) and Tania (skye820)
In Los Angeles
Hollie (Etoile2B), Elissa (pigletsmom)
In Bucharest Adrian (robertop)
In London Jen (jenniflower) and Jo (jo104), too many to list from the January 2006 meeting!!!!
In Toronto too many to list from the September 2005 meeting!!!
In Marbella too many to list from the May 2006 meeting!!!
In Vancouver JoAnn (jag17), Dave (YVRDave), Karolina and her husband (Karolina01), James (adventurerjk), Pat and ZoAnn (Pat&JoAnn), Stephanie (Stephanie) and Gerry, Rena (SusieDerkins), Kemila (Illa) and Suzie (Soozay)
In Belgium Ilsa (MATIM) and her husband Marcel and Gillian (GillianMcLaughlin)
One of my favorite VTers who loves to eat almost as much as I do, Lisa (shekaago), stopped by Chicago for a few days en route to South Africa on a beautiful sunny April day so we headed to Navy Pier and rode on the ferris wheel, after eating (what else?) a nice lunch at Le Colonial and before ice cream at Ghiradelli! Come home soon Lisa!
I had the great pleasure of taking funnybeee on an Chicago insider tour of the loop. The weather gods we're smiling on us on a gorgeous early May day :-) We started off at Lou Mitchell's for breakfast, walked ALL over the loop, took the el down to Chinatown for dim sum and then over to Navy Pier where I snapped this pic of funnybeee chatting with famous TV psychologist Bob Newhart. Nice to meet you funnybeee!
This was my first big meeting, organized by the lovely lasses from Toronto, Laura (hayward68) and Jane (CdnJane). I had a great time hanging out with my friend Rob (rmdw) and met some terrific people for the 1st time-Kat (keida84), Ed (Kaspian), Patty (hexepatty), Ellen (ellielou), Steve (NC_Ziggy), Jen (coair13), Karolina (karolina01), Steve (spgood31) and the lovebirds from Windsor, Hansi (waalewiener) and Lori (loripori).
Since I survived the Toronto meeting and I'm always looking for an excuse to hang out in London, I barely resisted when Kat "twisted" my arm to go to the meeting being organized in her honor by South African lovely Jen (jenniflower). I then set to work on Ed (Kaspian) and the rest is VT history
I had been talking with Jen (Coair13) for ages about coming to Chicago for some of our yummy pizza, Jen, her son Ethan and a friend were finally able to make it on a sunny spring April weekend. We went to Gino's East, I haven't had their pizza in over 10 years, then out for a few drinks, here we are in front of the Pumping Station on Michigan Avenue. Next time we'll go for an Edwardo's, or a Giordano's, or an Uno's.......
It was my turn to twist Kat's arm, now doesn't a week on the Costa del Sol in Spain sound swell? Kat kept her appearance a secret and showed up to pay Hansi, Stace and Carmen back for Hansi's surprise appearance in London.
I'm always trying to talk people into coming for Pierogi Fest but there's never been anyone who seemed to have as much fun as Hansi (waalewiener) who donned a red lace dress and polkaed the streets of Whiting with me along with Ethan (coair13) while Jen (coair13), her friend and Lori (loripori) wisely watched from the sidelines. You can see some photos on my Whiting travelogue. Dee (deecat) couldn't make it to the Fest so we arranged for dinner in Chicago's Greektown for Saturday July 29, 2006, also joining us were Chet (yooperprof) who came in from Michigan, a couple of his friends and Martin (mjb123), a nice party of 12 and one of my all time favorite meetings!
Here is a picture of three of my favorite VTers, Dee (deecat) whom I've met many times at our many Chicago VT meals and I've been fortunate enough to see Hansi (waalewiener) on five occasions (Toronto, London, Marbella, Pierogi Fest and Baltimore) and Lori (LoriPori) on four! You guys are the best!!!!!
Click here for more pictures of the Chicago Greektown meeting.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3,953 Reviews
- 7,726 Photos
- 72 Countries
- 264 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: How to make full use of 2..."
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Paris tips
- updated a London Travelogue "June 2013"
- Wrote a Review Eurostar to/from London about Trains: SNCF, TGV, and more in Paris Transportation
updated their Profile Page "Come see the world with me"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Negril"
- Commented on the Chicago travel guide
- Dabs and Nemorino are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 402 reviews, 584 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 248 reviews, 444 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 99 reviews, 171 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 65 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 42 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22175 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23066 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1914 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos