"True definition of Business ;-)" Personal Page by asimk
During a trial, in a small Missouri town, the local prosecuting attorney
called his first witness to the stand. She was sworn in, asked if she would tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, on the Bible, so help her God. The witness was a proper well-dressed elderly lady, the Grandmother type, well spoken and poised.
The prosecuting attorney approached the woman and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you
know me?'" She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy and frankly, you've been a big
disappointment to me. You lie, cheat on your wife, manipulate people and talk badly about
them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you
haven't the sense to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper-pushing shyster." "Yes, I know you quite well."
The lawyer was stunned. He couldn't even think for a few minutes. Then, slowly backed away, fearing the looks on the judge and jurors' faces, not to mention the court reporter who documented every word. Not knowing what else
to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?
" She again replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, has a bad drinking problem. The man can't build or keep a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. Yes, I know him." The defense attorney almost fainted and was seen slipping downward in his chair, looking at the
floor. Laughter mixed with gasps, thundered throughout the courtroom and the audience was on the verge of chaos.
At this point, the judge brought the courtroom to silence, called both
counselors to the bench, and in a very quiet voice said, "If either of you
morons asks her if she knows me, you're going to jail."
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 33 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- asimk and Pakistaniguy are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Which Hotel to choose"
- Commented on Etoile2B's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Me and my travelogue"
- Wrote a Review Digital Camera in Saint Petersburg Shopping
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "Worth a Visit"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Worth a Visit"
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 21 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos