"Pekan - Serenity at its Royal Best (Part 1)" Pekan Travelogue by runwitme
Pekan Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 50 photos
Abdullah Mosque was built in 1930’s and named after Sultan Abdullah. One of the must see historical place for any visitor to Pekan. Notice the Moorish influence on the architecture.
Parit River separates Pekan into two areas – Pekan Baru (Old Town) and Pekan Lama (Old Town). Pekan Baru is more developed, where most the administrative and trade activities take place. Pekan Lama is more of a residential area, with villages like Kampung Parit and Kampung Mengkasar. The Royal Palace is located in Pekan Lama.
Beram Island is one of small islands in Sungai Pahang. A watercraft gallery is built on top of this island. It is located directly opposite Pahang State Museum.
A typical village scenery in Pekan – Cows and cow dungs. Just kidding. : D
An arch to celebrate Sultan Ahmad Shah’s 73 birthday. Note the use of yellow which is a royal colour. The Sultan Abu Bakar Bridge is seen in the background. The bridge runs across Pahang River.
A postcard worthy picture. A house near Pahang river. It reminds me of the triangular roof house complete with surrounding coconut trees drawing that I used to draw in kindergarten.
I love taking pictures of flowers. I took this picture along the road leading to the Sultan Abu Bakar Bridge.
Pahang River is the longest river in Peninsula Malaysia (435 Km). I love the swaying coconut trees and the green foliage along it.
runwitme's Related Pages
Pekan Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pekan
- 5 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pekan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pekan
Top 10 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 51 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Dungun Intro, 9 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Borobudur Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pekan Intro, 5 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore 3 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.