"L.I.F.E. Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Travelogue by Sonador3
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,786 reviews and 8,908 photos
LIFE Argentina is a non profit organization whose objective is to improve children's quality of life and their environment.
I met them when they were handing out flyers in San Telmo. They invited me to one of their birthday parties for the kids that they help out. I had no idea that we would be making a drive out to a bario on the outskirts of the Cap Fed. But when we got there I was shocked -- the level of poverty these children live in every day was absolutely amazing.
On this day, we went to the Comedor Infantil Los Angelitos, which is a soup kitchen. And indeed this is a place where the streets actually have no name.
I realized after this trip that the work L.I.F.E. is doing is really special.
The work they do includes sponsoring soup kitchens, sponsoring and helping carry out sports recreational programs and helping out in recreation centers and hospitals. LIFE argentina is an NGO.
This is Vicky, the daughter of the founder. Vicky, along with her brother Gabe, and their friends Karina and Clara do the bulk of the work, and I take my hat off to you all!
The birthday party. They come to this particular soup kitchen once a month to have a birthday party for all of the kids that have a birthday that month. And of course, all kids are welcome.
This is what serves as a playground for the kids.
I don't even know how to comment on this photo, but I think people need to see whats going on. Just think, if every tourist who visits Buenos Aires made a contribution to a charity, maybe we would have less of these scenes.
- See All Internet Cafes and Telephones
- Sport Clubs
- Laundries and Dry Cleaning
- Gourmet Food Shop
- See All Hit the Beach!
- See All Palermo Cafe
Sonador3's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 117 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "RE: RE: Best Apartments in Rio !!!"
- Wrote a Review Internet Cafes and Telephones in Buenos Aires Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Internet Cafes and Telephones"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travelogue "Friends in Buenos Aires"
- Commented on one of oldmonk_92129's Buenos Aires travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 117 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cabo San Lucas Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Clara Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Nassau Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos