"L.I.F.E. Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Travelogue by Sonador3

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,806 reviews and 8,940 photos

LIFE Argentina

LIFE Argentina is a non profit organization whose objective is to improve children's quality of life and their environment.

I met them when they were handing out flyers in San Telmo. They invited me to one of their birthday parties for the kids that they help out. I had no idea that we would be making a drive out to a bario on the outskirts of the Cap Fed. But when we got there I was shocked -- the level of poverty these children live in every day was absolutely amazing.

On this day, we went to the Comedor Infantil Los Angelitos, which is a soup kitchen. And indeed this is a place where the streets actually have no name.

I realized after this trip that the work L.I.F.E. is doing is really special.

The Kids

The work they do includes sponsoring soup kitchens, sponsoring and helping carry out sports recreational programs and helping out in recreation centers and hospitals. LIFE argentina is an NGO.

Vicky

This is Vicky, the daughter of the founder. Vicky, along with her brother Gabe, and their friends Karina and Clara do the bulk of the work, and I take my hat off to you all!

More Kids

Gabriel and child

Cake Time

The birthday party. They come to this particular soup kitchen once a month to have a birthday party for all of the kids that have a birthday that month. And of course, all kids are welcome.

Street Scenes

This is what serves as a playground for the kids.

I don't even know how to comment on this photo, but I think people need to see whats going on. Just think, if every tourist who visits Buenos Aires made a contribution to a charity, maybe we would have less of these scenes.

• Page Updated May 24, 2004

Comments

Sonador3

“fight for those who can't”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?