"More pictures from the Canal Tour" Amsterdam Travelogue by crazy_vietgirl2
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,206 reviews and 21,374 photos
One third of the houses along the canals (grachtenhuizen) were built before 1850. Since the houses (along the canals) were built on marshland, Dutch houses were built with many big windows to help reduce weight. All if not most of the houses have a furniture hook near the top. If they staircases and doors are too narrow, the residents of the house will use the hook as a pulley to bring their furniture in through the window.
The 17th and 18th century houses, once owned by wealthy merchants and prominent citizens are now banks and financial institutes.
Near Central Station floats one of the largest restaurant in Amsterdam -The Sea Palace Restaurant .It was found in 1984 and has the seating capacity of 700..
More Travelogues (1)
crazy_vietgirl2's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kamloops Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hornby Island Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Comox Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Strasbourg Intro, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue