"Nature discovery in the Seychelles" Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Travelogue by Saagar
Seychelles Travel Guide: 1,089 reviews and 3,411 photos
... and let it happen. Let the impressions overflow, calm you down... Just after I took this picture, the last on my film, a huge sea turtle surfaced right int the turqoiuse waters here. That impression is perhaps stronger than the memories I get through my photos.
Sitting on the veranda nursing a Seybrew I observe the geckos come out to chase insects drawn by the light. Good swats, they are. And lucky animals, too, so don't chase them away.
Funnily, they are fiercly territorial, to their upside-down fights add to the entertainment.
Indoors, they decimate the mosquitos that you let in through the open window.
Everywhere in the rocky surf zone, these green and reddish crabs zip around to grab a bite.
They watch you carefully and don't let you close.
aplenty in the Seychelles, but mostly these gentle lizards. Watch where you step in the jungle trail in the morning, because they are cold and don't move fast.
Later in the day - try to get a photo then! Difficult, so quick.
Here, just off Anse Cocos we came across a few feeding whale sharks. Never saw this before - bigger than the boat. Mind you, between the tail fin and the dorsal fins sticking up (click the photo) there must be about 4 meters...
Get your fins and masks, the skipper cried and we did and jumped in. In this case, too, I trusted the Seychellois intrinsci knowledge abut the sea and its creatures and survive to prove that I swam with a whale shark 5-6 times my length.
Wading the reef at low tide is fascinating. All the colors and the variety of fish and other sea critters! But watch your step, there are things that sting, too!
Coral has taken a beating everywhere due to global warming. Luckily, the situation at the Seychelles seem to improve now. Still, it's only a remnant of the reef as it was here in '96.
and you will have instant company of this turtle dove.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 21, 2004
Beach bumming La Digue
Written Jan 19, 2007
The wonderful flowers of the Seychelles
- See All Getting to the Seychelles
- See All Day tripping cheaply to La Digue from...
- Make it cheaper....
- See All Weather and surf forecast for the...
- See All A very good book on the Seychelles
- See All Local flavour and pizza on Beau Vallon
- See All Stagepost for arriving and departing...
- See All Snorkelling
- See All Trekking the Seychelles
- See All Tools of the trade - picnic
- See All Money - what is the cost of visiting...
- Bread fruit
- Beach romance
Been to Seychelles?Share your travels with the world!
Saagar's Related Pages
Seychelles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Seychelles"
- "a kind of Paradise"
- "Granite Boulders"
- "truly Paradise"
- "Island Paradise"
- "Garden of Eden"
- ""Sunchild's" Seychelles Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seychelles
- Hotels in Seychelles
- Transportation in Seychelles
- Nightlife in Seychelles
- Restaurants in Seychelles
- Shopping in Seychelles
- Warnings and Dangers in Seychelles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seychelles
- 70 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Seychelles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seychelles
- Posted in Travel Kathmandu Forum "Re: Ulaan Baator to Kathmandu..."
- Commented on one of Saagar's Seychelles tips
- Wrote a Review Getting to the Seychelles in Seychelles Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snorkelling outside the reef on La Digue"
- updated a Seychelles Travelogue "The wonderful flowers of the Seychelles"
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 16777215 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues