"The Mexico People (3)" Mexico Travelogue by jamiesno
Mexico Travel Guide: 21,014 reviews and 50,010 photos
It is obviously very hot each day and these local people knew how to relax. In the shade and lying in a hammock.
The hammocks you can buy in Mexico are great. I still have one to this day two years later and it is the most comfortable thing to use in the summer months.
Here is a young boy that was very curious and serious looking I might add but I am sure he was harmless :-)
Here is another local man that was taking advantage of the shade. The heat and humidity really is something.
This man also had a broken leg with a cast. In this picture you can see his crutch. I am sure that must have been painful but he was a nice man and enjoyed getting his photograph taken.
Here is another young boy, this guy was also manning a small concession booth with clothing, etcetera to sell to the tourist as they toured around.
Here is another concession stand with goods available for the tourist.
In this small Mexican town it is clear they liked the shade and with all the heat there is good reason for this.
This localman was very impressive, I was used to seeing people fish with nets, jiggers or fishing rods.
This guy was using his bare hands and a fine twine. He was swing it around his head and then let it fly out on the water.
With relative ease he was bringing in these nice fish.
This is a picture of a young school girl that studied in a nearby town I assume.
She was dropped off at the dock by boat and other school students. She was happy to get her picture taken while the boys in the boat whistled and laughed.
Also in this picture, to the girls right hand side it appears I captured a fish jumping out of the water. I havn't been able to clearly pick it out but it appears to be.
This is a different perspective on a taxi driver. Look into the rearview mirror and you can see his eyes.
He was a serious looking dude. All the taxi drivers seemed to have the crosses hanging from their mirrors.
Here are my five travelogues dedicated to people I met in Mexico!
1. The Mexico People
2. The Mexico People (2)
3. The Mexico People (3)
4. The Mexico People (4)
5. The Mexico People (5)
jamiesno's Related Pages
Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mexican medley"
- "TIPS FOR TRAVELERS TO MEXICO"
- "LA MAGIA DE MEXICO"
- "Mexico for cultural explorers"
- "A week in Banderas Bay"
- "La Venta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico
- Hotels in Mexico
- Transportation in Mexico
- Nightlife in Mexico
- Restaurants in Mexico
- Shopping in Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico
- 60 Reviews
- 245 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues