"2003-December 6 - 13 Pre-Christmas In Miami" Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Travelogue by grandmaR
Miami Travel Guide: 1,336 reviews and 3,160 photos
After we got settled, we went to sleep. I woke up a couple of times as the wind generator was running and went up to check on our position.
At 0730, I waked Bob up and insisted that we get up and pull the anchor and go into the marina. We actually went back under the Rickenbacker Causeway about 8.
It was about 3 nm back to the marina, and we were there by about 0845, and got tied up. The dinghy was battered by the downwind piling and no matter what we did, we couldn't get the boat over to the upwind piling to put a line on it. Also the marina rates have really gone up -now $1.85/ft. Lots of empty slips.
The boat next to us is a brand new SeaRay and the owner has absolutely no idea how to handle it - it was brought in by a delivery skipper.
Bob walked up to get the car, and we went out to our daughter's house. They had a bunch of people there and were making deer meat chili. We were pretty tired, so we had a chili potato and then came back to the boat.
During the week we went to a gift exchange with our daughter and her friends (she supplied us with gifts from her travels) went to our grandson's batting practice. While our grandson was in the batting cage, our daughter helped granddaughter practice for T-ball ....
...saw our granddaugter's 'portfolio' at her art class, went to our grandson's school for their project on the coral reefs, heard him play the tuba(although we didn't go for the breakfast concert), bought lumber for a project of Bob's, did the laundry....
....filled the boat up with water, and Bob went to the commissary at Homestead. We all went to Outback Steak House for dinner after our daughter got back from Mexico City on Thursday night.
- See All Skytrain in Miami AIrport
- See All Built Your Own Stirfry
- See All Chihuly at Fairchild
- Trees, Flowers and Tropical Lagoons
- See All Not Really AT the Falls
- Crandon Family Amusement Center
grandmaR's Related Pages
Miami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNdER CONSTRUCTION - CHECK BACK LATER"
- "Miami - Escape from Winter Weather"
- "miami florida"
- "cobrioc's Miami Beach Florida Page"
- "MIAMI: ALWAYS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
- "M I A M I"
- "Best city in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami
- Hotels in Miami
- Transportation in Miami
- Nightlife in Miami
- Restaurants in Miami
- Shopping in Miami
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami
- 57 Reviews
- 253 Photos
- 35 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (541)
Have you been to Miami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- Wrote a Review Skytrain in Miami AIrport about Miami International Airport/Airplane in Miami Transportation
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Miami tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Built Your Own Stirfry"
- updated a Miami Travelogue "Trip with my grandson - Start - To and from Miami"
- Uploaded a Video to Miami
Photos in MiamiSee All Photos (253)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues