"Flower Frenzy" Libertyville Travelogue by deecat
Libertyville Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 152 photos
Sally Cat spends as much time outside with me in the garen as possible. She is on a long, long leash; thus, she becomes tanged in the various plants, but we manage.
She especially loves the Cat Mint.
Please click to see the details of these lovely statues
The Angel Statue is very special because it was given with flowers at my Mother's funeral. I have kept it because it reminds me of her when she was alive...always vibrant, busy, straightforward, and fun.
The other statue is a young boy leaning over to examine and "talk" to baby rabbits. It's taken from a famous Norman Rockwell painting from the 1930s. It's nestled in with beautiful a myria of perennials.
The back of our house in Libertyville faces the South; there is plenty of sunshine for sun-loving perennials.
This area is filled with flowers, starting in May with the glorious orange-red poppies. The only trouble with poppies is that they last such a short amount of time.
A delightful group of Clematis vines are found on the southeastern and southwestern sides of our house as well as on the trellis and a few tri-pods. Some of my favorites are the first blooms in the spring with their huge PURPLE blooms.
My backyard is a real "wonderland" of flowers and foliage. In this shot of my patio , you are apple to discern one of several baskets. I love blue flowers, which, by the way, are hard to come by.%f*
I always smile when I see the daisies in the garden. They are simple, strong, unassuming, and happy....which is what we all should strive to be!
In my back Perennial Gardens, I use all kinds of ornamental grasses as a backdrop to the Perennials.
Some grow as large as 6 feet tall. The picture is of the Japanese Silver Grass which sways in the slightest breeze.
Some of my grasses are the Feather Reed Grass, Maiden Grass, Ribbon Grass, Red Switch Grass, Blue Oat Grass, Zebra Grass, Pink & White Pampas Grass, Silver Fountain Grass, Blue Grasses, and Blue-Eyed Grass.
Most of these look beautiful, even in the winter months.
Part of ones enviornment represents the kind of travel adventures one wishes to experience. I seek beauty as I travel; usually in the landscape, the foliage and flowers.
"Beauty" is a relative term; it has a broad spectrum for me. I tend to find beauty where others would see "ugly"...in an old beggar woman, a toothless man, a stray dog or cat, or a decrepid building.
But when it comes to flowers, I prefer to create my own beauty. Here in Libertyville, I spend many, many hours in my gardens from about April until October.
- See All What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville
- See All New Owner at...
- See All Outdoor Opportunities Abound in...
deecat's Related Pages
Libertyville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- "Nicest little village near my suburban hometown"
- "A GATHERING OF SPECIAL VT FRIENDS"
- "Go, Cats, Go!!!"
- "Libertyville, Illinois"
- "CHRISTMAS IN LIBERTYVILLE WITH GREAT FRIENDS 1"
- "Truth, Justice and a Good Time for All"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Libertyville
- Hotels in Libertyville
- Transportation in Libertyville
- Nightlife in Libertyville
- Restaurants in Libertyville
- Shopping in Libertyville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Libertyville
- 26 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Libertyville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Libertyville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: "Game of Thrones"..."
- updated a Libertyville Travel Page "Home Sweet Home, Libertyville"
- Uploaded a Photo to "What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville"
- Wrote a Review What a Terrific Addition to Libertyville in Libertyville Restaurants
- Commented on one of keida84's Libertyville travel pages
Photos in LibertyvilleSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 223 reviews, 581 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 82 reviews, 223 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 50 reviews, 208 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 112 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 53 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 98 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Robinson Intro, 42 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa Intro, 46 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 49 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Intro, 39 reviews, 112 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Latest Libertyville hotel reviews
- Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013