"2003- Nov 13 - arrive late, Leave early Nov. 14" Georgetown Travelogue by grandmaR
Georgetown Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 102 photos
We tied up at the Boat Shed (marina) after almost 9 hours and 57.2 miles (a total trip of 450 nm) at an average speed of 6.8 mph. We got fuel, but we weren't on the dock we wanted to be on. SUSAN A was there, and FRANCES was taking up most of the rest of the dock. Went up and paid, and did email in the office.
We walked up to town, but the Orange Blossom Cafe was closed, so we went to the Dogwood Cafe for dinner.
Friday - In order to make the Ben Sawyer Bridge last opening which is before 4 pm, we have to make 62 sm. Otherwise we will be stuck on the other side until after dark. Then we will have a hard time getting to the Enterprise office on Sat am as they are not open in the afternoon and the only one open on Sunday is at the airport.
So we got underway about 558. It is DARK. Bob was in the channel according to the charts on the starboard side and running out of water - it got down to 5.1 feet and we will go aground at 4.6 feet. I got him to go over to the port side of the channel where we had always gone before and where the water is deeper.
At 0705 we have done 8 sm and are turning into the Esterville Mimms canal. There is some surface fog over the canal. The sun is just up.
Lots of egrets and some blue herons along the canal banks or roosting in the trees. We turn off the nav lights.
The Toshiba froze because the GPS was refusing to keep ahold of the satellites, so I brought up the black Dell.
The free running Cat Island ferry doesn't appear to be running yet.
But they were launching boats at the boat ramp
0800 - Big boat with a green hull SEA OWL from Georgetown in the Caymen Islands passed and also the sports fish BLUE SKY. I got a film picture of BLUE SKY, but it is between the lifeline stanchions and is a bit crooked.
More Travelogues (1)
grandmaR's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer, 2003"
- "georgetown south carolina"
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 14 Georgetown SC"
- "Georgetown: Charleston's Little Sister"
- "Georgetown, South Carolina"
- "Around town"
- "Some Georgetown Scenes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 17 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 74 reviews, 316 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 50 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 46 reviews, 254 photos, 8 travelogues