"Parliament: 1956 Commemmoration" Budapest Travelogue by dcwizard
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,613 reviews and 17,595 photos
To commemmorate the bravery of those Hungarians who participated in the Revolution against Communist rule, large translucent panels were placed in front of Parliament, with images from those fateful days in October 1956.
The picture of this Hungarian participant in the 1956 revolution was the inspriation for the cover of TIme magazine which named the Hungarian Freedom FIghter as its Man of the Year.
Unfortunately, the various Hungarian political parties could not even agree on how to commemmorate the 1956 revolution. The different parties held separate events around the city.
- See All Imre Varga Collection: Hungarian...
- Central Market Hall: One Stop Souvenir...
- See All Old and New at Hilton Budapest
dcwizard's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 34 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Évora Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samara Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Marvão Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Szentendre Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue