"Go Pack Go!" Green Bay Travelogue by where2next
Green Bay Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 187 photos
I was one my way to Minnesota and nearing Chicago when I thought...hm...Green Bay is only a few hours north and there's a play-off game tomorrow againt Seattle. So off I went. I arrived and parked a few blocks from the stadium - right near some beer tents. There are a couple of these near the stadium as well as some sports bar. Getting a ticket was not so hard as I would have thought. I paid face and maybe could have paid less. I think because Green Bay is in a remote place that this helped.
It's one thing to tailgate with the usually beer, bratwurst, et al. It's another thing to do it in FREEZING weather. Hats off to these fans.
My first impression was 'this doesn't look like what I thought Lambeua would look like". I remember hearing the stadium had been renovated, and I think what they did was basically add-on this HUGE building adjacent to the stadium.
Here is a close up of the atrium. Check out the line of folks. It's a few minutes until game time and they're all in a will-call line.
The atrium was the place to be at half-time. It's like the whole stadium moved inside. The area has all sorts of restaurants and food places, a NFL experience setup for the kids, team store, and a TV in every area. The though main thing was that it was warm!
Here is the view I had. I was lucky since I bought the ticket without knowing the stadium layout. It was cold, though not bitter cold. I was disappointed it didn't snow as there actually had been a storm to the south. The game itself was 'nip and tuck', and really was a good game to watch.
The game went to OT...Seattle had the ball and was nearing midfield...when all of a sudden Matt Hasselback, their QB, threw an 'out pattern' pass that was intercepted and...'he could go, he might go, he could go all the way for a TD...and the story book season continued (though would end next week in Philadelphia).
After the touchdown fans went crazy for a bit, though not as long or as wild as I would have thought. I had been at Fenway Park when the Red Sox clinched a wild-card spot and the fans went crazy for 20-30 minutes. After the game I headed over to the beer tents and sports bar, and then after touring around Green Bay for little, hit the road towards Milwaukee.
where2next's Related Pages
Green Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "(Almost) Nothing About the Packers Here!"
- "Welcome to the land of beer, cheese and football"
- "rstary's new Green Bay Page"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Our Little Corner of the World"
- "WHERE'S MY CHEESE HAT"
- "Packers land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Green Bay
- Hotels in Green Bay
- Transportation in Green Bay
- Nightlife in Green Bay
- Restaurants in Green Bay
- Shopping in Green Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Green Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green Bay
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Green Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green Bay
Photos in Green BaySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Bar Harbor Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cleveland Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Piran Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.