"Mountain Biking in Cerro San Cristobal #2" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Travelogue by IIGUANA
Santiago Travel Guide: 972 reviews and 2,280 photos
On the other side of the hill, you can see the eastern part of the city: Las Condes, Providencia and Vitacura. Notice that there is still some snow left on the mountains at the back. And it was 32 degrees that day...
The snow covered mountain on the back is the Cerro El Plomo, which is over 6.000 metres high. That's one of the highest points that you can see from Santiago.
The Estadio Nacional, our biggest football stadium.
This is where I work right now, in the area known as "El Golf" in Las Condes
And that's where I'll be working in a month or so.
On my back, the highest hill is the Cerro Manquehue. It's the highest hill on Vitacura, and it's has some good hiking trails. It separates Vitacura from Huechuraba and Chicureo.
A popular way to climb the Cerro San Cristobal is on the "teleferico". This small hubs take you from Pedro de Valdivia to the the Virgin Mary, allowing the best viewpoints of Santiago.
If you're coming over during the winter, take the teleferico after a day of rain. You'll never see Santiago as beautiful as that day: snowy mountains, clear skies and no smog.
Up to 4 adults can go inside a hub.
- See All BEST HOSTEL IN SANTIAGO
- See All Best pizzas near Bellas Artes
- See All Lost? Get a map!!!
- See All Andean Crafts
- See All Fuente Magica
- See All Money Exchange in the street
- See All MICROS!!!!!!!!!!!!
- See All Music, clowns, artists and more
- See All Mountain Biking in Santiago
- Kisses for the ladies
- See All Bellavista's best club
Been to Santiago?Share your travels with the world!
IIGUANA's Related Pages
Santiago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago, Chile"
- "a great place"
- "Working in Santiago"
- "Santiago, Capital of Chile"
- "Between the mountains and the sea"
- "A little taste of South America"
- "Valley of Santiago De Chile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago
- Hotels in Santiago
- Transportation in Santiago
- Nightlife in Santiago
- Restaurants in Santiago
- Shopping in Santiago
- Warnings and Dangers in Santiago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santiago
- 62 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 41 Forum posts
- 85 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Santiago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago
Photos in SantiagoSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 62 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viña del Mar Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Damas Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pucón Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues