"Some nice picture of the Groesbeek Cemetery." Groesbeek Travelogue by Waalewiener
Groesbeek Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 71 photos
Yes this visit to this beautiful Cemetery was well worth it , these men that died for all of us to be free ,and I would like their families to know that , with hout the ultimate sacrifice of these men I would not be standing there with Lori.
Many brave men died in the Netherlands to free the country. I was born in october 1945 , these young men died just months before I was born.
I will be forever thankful it was because of these men that I now live a wonderful and peaceful life.
It was an eerie looking view when I took Lori's picture from a distance,this was such a peaceful
place ,I am very proud to come from a Dutch Heritage and now married to Lori, born in Windsor Canada..
Lori's father served in the Merchant
Navy during the war .Lori's uncle Bruce and his brother Harold,who is buried here both served ,Bruce in Army , and in Harold in RCAF,our neighbour next door served also in RCAF ,also as a gunner in a Wellington plane I believe.
Just amazing to see how many young men from Canada went to war to give us the next generations the freedom we now enjoy.
The cemetery is a field of
honor to commemorate the Canadian Soldiers and soldiers from other countries who died in WW 2 .
It is kept in wonderful condition as you can see in this picture.
It was an emotional visit for us , but we are glad we found the grave of Lori's uncle's brother .This cemetery was unveiled in 1946.
The red flowers were a pretty contrast with the white grave stones .
There are beautiful schrubs around the grave stones ,and the grass is beautiful .I think the little Canadian Flags must have came from the family members from Canada visiting here
More Travelogues (1)
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Groesbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Harold & Bruce Queen's family."
- "Groesbeek Page"
- "Groesbeek, where liberation is commemorated"
- "The wee village of Groesbeek"
- "Groesbeek a beatutiful tourist village"
- "Operation Market Garden Tour – Groesbeek"
- "Day 18 Pieterpad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Groesbeek
- Hotels in Groesbeek
- Transportation in Groesbeek
- Restaurants in Groesbeek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Groesbeek
- 18 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Groesbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Groesbeek
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Leaving VT"
- Commented on one of Pavlik_NL's Groesbeek travel pages
- Wrote a Review A real close up of this WW 2 Tank in Groesbeek Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "A real close up of this WW 2 Tank"
- updated a Groesbeek Travelogue "Some nice picture of the Groesbeek Cemetery."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues