"Some nice picture of the Groesbeek Cemetery." Groesbeek Travelogue by Waalewiener

Groesbeek Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 71 photos

We are pleased that we made the visit to Groesbeek

Yes this visit to this beautiful Cemetery was well worth it , these men that died for all of us to be free ,and I would like their families to know that , with hout the ultimate sacrifice of these men I would not be standing there with Lori.

Many brave men died in the Netherlands to free the country. I was born in october 1945 , these young men died just months before I was born.
I will be forever thankful it was because of these men that I now live a wonderful and peaceful life.

It was an eerie looking view when I took Lori's picture from a distance,this was such a peaceful
place ,I am very proud to come from a Dutch Heritage and now married to Lori, born in Windsor Canada..
Lori's father served in the Merchant
Navy during the war .Lori's uncle Bruce and his brother Harold,who is buried here both served ,Bruce in Army , and in Harold in RCAF,our neighbour next door served also in RCAF ,also as a gunner in a Wellington plane I believe.
Just amazing to see how many young men from Canada went to war to give us the next generations the freedom we now enjoy.

The cemetery is a field of
honor to commemorate the Canadian Soldiers and soldiers from other countries who died in WW 2 .
It is kept in wonderful condition as you can see in this picture.

It was an emotional visit for us , but we are glad we found the grave of Lori's uncle's brother .This cemetery was unveiled in 1946.

The red flowers were a pretty contrast with the white grave stones .

There are beautiful schrubs around the grave stones ,and the grass is beautiful .I think the little Canadian Flags must have came from the family members from Canada visiting here

• Page Updated Dec 19, 2003

Comments

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Groesbeek

Have you been to Groesbeek?