"My move to Spain... part 2." Spain Travelogue by Beach_dog
Spain Travel Guide: 54,416 reviews and 142,103 photos
The hectic part of my move over, furniture safely stored, it was time to relax for a few days in the quiet country village of Castrillo de la Vega in the Province of Burgos. Castrillo de la Vega.
Good news.... soon after our arrival in Castrillo, I recieved news that my house had sold back in Wales. Only two days to sell it, my Estate Agent derserved a pat on the back.
At the time of our arrival in Castrillo, it was the time of the annual grape harvest called the Vendimias. Vendemias - the grape harvest.
Beach_dog had to help out, so we spent the morning picking grapes for the family and of course helping towards securing next years wine stock, of which no doubt we will benefit.
Carmen watches over to make sure Beach_dog does his work correctly, (actually she was working too.. but I managed to catch her standing around for a moment).
And of course as always in Castrillo we were fed well. The family prepared this great barbeque for us.
A relaxing few days over, it was time to set off south to my new home in Spain. The drive to the south coast normally takes me nine hours from Castrillo.
At Somosierra I took a break from driving. La Puerta de Somosierra is located at the top of the mountains between Aranda del Duero and Madrid on the N-1 highway.
We saw an interesting kennel by the side of the road. Carmen suggested it would make a nice new home for a Beach_dog in Spain.
At lunchtime about half way through our journey we took a break for lunch at the scenic town of Consuegra. Home of the windmills reputedly attached by Don Quixote in the novel by Miguel Cervantes.
More photos taken at this very scenic spot in the heart of La Mancha.
Late in the day, just as the sun was setting, we finally arrived at Marbella. My new home in Spain.
My new life begins....
More Travelogues (2)
Written Feb 17, 2004
People of Spain
Written Nov 12, 2003
My move to Spain... part 1.
- See All Roman Spain
- Follow the Scallop Shells - Camino de...
- See All Medina Azahàra - Andalucia
- See All Navidad (Christmas) part 2
- See All Typical Spanish meals
- See All Shopping for Fish
- Crime in Spain.
- See All Last minute bargain accommadation.
- Vivir sin Dormir (Live without sleep)
- Do your own thing....
- See All Flying to Spain - Update ( from UK ).
Been to Spain?Share your travels with the world!
Beach_dog's Related Pages
Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viva Espana!"
- "The Clock Does Not "Rule" in Spain"
- "More than this..."
- "VT meeting in Madrid"
- "A Method to the MAD(ness)......and the players!"
- "Bienvenido a Espana - Welcome to Spain."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spain
- Hotels in Spain
- Transportation in Spain
- Nightlife in Spain
- Restaurants in Spain
- Shopping in Spain
- Warnings and Dangers in Spain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spain
- 595 Reviews
- 1,428 Photos
- 473 Forum posts
- 44 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spain
Top 10 Pages
- Spain Intro, 78 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 47 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 29 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 26 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues