"ABPF in Campinas, Sept 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination Campinas Travelogue by glabah
Campinas Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 75 photos
The day we rode the train, there were was also a school group that had chartered a train trip. They rode behind this green Pacific type wood burning steam locomotive.
The locomotive collection at the station included several more steam locomotives, including these two.
Line-side grass, as seen in the previous travelogue for this location, had been burned back, allowing for a better view of all the line-side attractions. It also allowed for better photography of the trains themselves.
The line has several intermediate stations, including Pedro Americo. Many of the stations are beautifully restored, but a few are in decaying condition. Those stations, however, are not owned by the ABPF railway preservation group.
Loading the wood in our locomotive, from a closer view than the year before.
Some of the locomotives at the Campinas branch of the ABPF are in absolutely beautiful condition, but some of them are not. It all depends on what the ABPF group has been able to accomplish with its volunteer labor.
A neat bridge crosses a stream near the end of the line.
More Travelogues (1)
glabah's Related Pages
Campinas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campinas, São Paulo"
- "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
- "Railway Preservation in Campinas"
- "When I was a boy..."
- "The city where I choose to live"
- "Campinas, SP Brasil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campinas
- Hotels in Campinas
- Transportation in Campinas
- Nightlife in Campinas
- Restaurants in Campinas
- Shopping in Campinas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campinas
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Campinas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campinas
Photos in CampinasSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 771 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 728 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 50 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues