"ABPF in Campinas, Sept 2003" Campinas Travelogue by glabah
Campinas Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 72 photos
The day we rode the train, there were was also a school group that had chartered a train trip. They rode behind this green Pacific type wood burning steam locomotive.
The locomotive collection at the station included several more steam locomotives, including these two.
Line-side grass, as seen in the previous travelogue for this location, had been burned back, allowing for a better view of all the line-side attractions. It also allowed for better photography of the trains themselves.
The line has several intermediate stations, including Pedro Americo. Many of the stations are beautifully restored, but a few are in decaying condition. Those stations, however, are not owned by the ABPF railway preservation group.
Loading the wood in our locomotive, from a closer view than the year before.
Some of the locomotives at the Campinas branch of the ABPF are in absolutely beautiful condition, but some of them are not. It all depends on what the ABPF group has been able to accomplish with its volunteer labor.
A neat bridge crosses a stream near the end of the line.
More Travelogues (1)
glabah's Related Pages
Campinas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campinas, São Paulo"
- "Railway Preservation in Campinas"
- "When I was a boy..."
- "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
- "The city where I choose to live"
- "Campinas, SP Brasil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campinas
- Hotels in Campinas
- Transportation in Campinas
- Nightlife in Campinas
- Restaurants in Campinas
- Shopping in Campinas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campinas
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Campinas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campinas
Photos in CampinasSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue